Installation ssl certificate on FlashPhoner

Manohar

I need help for installing SSL certificate on Flashphoner Server,
Please Guide us how to install Certificate on it.

Spencer

When I try to use the "letsencrpypt" method, I get a Certbot execution error. Looking thru the /var/log/letsencrypt it would appear that letsencrypt is trying to establish a connection over port 80 and can not. This port is open thru my amazon instance so I'm figuring that port needs to be changed somewhere in the config of the server settings?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
1. You can temporary shutdown your service listening 80 port and allow letsencrypt certbot do its work. Then startup your service again.
2. As an option, you can run certbot manually and select options:
Code:
# certbot certonly
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

How would you like to authenticate with the ACME CA?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Place files in webroot directory (webroot)
2: Spin up a temporary webserver (standalone)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Select the appropriate number [1-2] then [enter] (press 'c' to cancel):
Once you received your certs files in /etc/letsencrypt, you can download them and import manually via WCS Dashboard.

Spencer

When I try to use the "letsencrpypt" method, I get a Certbot execution error. Looking thru the /var/log/letsencrypt it would appear that letsencrypt is trying to establish a connection over port 80 and can not. This port is open thru my amazon instance so I'm figuring that port needs to be changed somewhere in the config of the server settings?

Spencer

Hi Max, thanks for the quick reply. I dont see the server listening on port 80 with netstat, is there a command that can be issued to turn this service off so I can try letsencrypt?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
WCS does not bind port 80
Try to open this port on your Amazon instance in security settings.
Perhaps letsencrypt uses this port to install ssl certs.

Spencer

Port 80 is open on the EC2 amazon instance. I also tried the certbot certonly command. Unknown command. I take it this is something I need to install?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
WCS is bundled with certbot /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/tools/certbot-auto
So you can try:
cd /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/tools
./certbot-auto certonly
If it does not help, you can download and install official certbot from letsencrypt
https://certbot.eff.org/

Spencer

Yeah, will have to try another way. I get a fatal error on Amazon linux. Looks like it's not supported.