RTSP connection strings

Securonet

Seems that URL encoding the & in camera URLs breaks things. For example, this URL:
rtsp://theUser:thePassword@0.0.0.0:554/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=480x270&compress=15&fps=15&videobitrate=320&videomaxbitrate=320&videokeyframeinterval=5&audio=0&clock=1&date=1&text=1&textstring=My%20Camera&textbackgroundcolor=semitransparent&textcolor=white&textpos=0&overlayimage=0&squarepixel=1

which is valid for Axis cameras, works, but the arguments don't change the camera output (so, I think they're stripped). And, when pasted into the demo, it is encoded as follows and also doesn't work: rtsp://theUser:thePassword@0.0.0.0:554/axis-media/media.amp?resolution=480x270%26compress=15%26fps=15%26videobitrate=320%26videomaxbitrate=320%26videokeyframeinterval=5%26audio=0%26clock=1%26date=1%26text=1%26textstring=My%20Camera%26textbackgroundcolor=semitransparent%26textcolor=white%26textpos=0%26overlayimage=0%26squarepixel=1.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Could you please test the same with VLC player and capture traffic dump using Wireshark.
Finally we need two pcap dumps: 1) Pcap from WCS 2) Pcap from VLC to compare and check what is wrong.
Please send dumps to logs@flashphoner.com
If you can share access to your webcam over RTSP we will capture the dumps on our end.

We have registered this as internal case WCS-1197.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We tested with latest versions of server.
It is recognized.
So when we pass params we are able to see dark or white digits.

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Could you please provide a fresh report with screenshots, actual results and awaiting results. We will recheck.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We tested with latest versions of server.
It is recognized.
So when we pass params we are able to see these params on the screen.