Chrome version 74.0.3729.169 kills Webcallserver

wcfrostick

I have tried the following versions

FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.0.3529
- Chrome 74.0.3729.169 will not load stream, spinning ball of death
- Firefox plays no problem
- Previous versions of chrome work fine.

FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.1.3780 and FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.151

-unstable video on both chrome and firefox
- audio plays fine

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
If you prefer to use WCS 5.0 for some reason, please update to latest build 5.0.3530 which contains some Chrome related fixes. Also, please update WebSDK to latest build from this page.
But we recommend you to update to WCS 5.2. Update procedure is described on this page. If some problems in 5.2 occurs with video playback, please collect a report for this version and send us, we will check.

wcfrostick

You have latest version: 5.2.224-6f1fd56e0ebc713f8691abc52d47a26c70721514

I have updated to the most recent, that didn't work. I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it and that again did not work. I emailed the report with the new version.

Another new problem, I resorted back to FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.0.3529 and it needs to be restarted every time the server boots. (this server runs in a TV truck, so it gets shut down every night)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I have updated to the most recent, that didn't work.
What exactly did not work? please provide more details.
Unfortunately we didn't receive your report, it is not found even in spam.
if you sent a large file (20 MB and more), please share this file as download link.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Unfortunately, the report contains no client debug logs, and RTSP session can not be extracted from traffic dump.
Please provide us access to your RTSP stream to reproduce a problem on our test servers, and SSH access to your server for our engineers to check. The credentials should be sent to support@flashphoner.com

wcfrostick

Unfortunately, the stream is local only. It does not hit the web. I am using a Perl-2 Epiphan if that helps. This will have to be looked at again sunday, we are about to shut down for the week.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
If you can not provide us access to RTSP stream, please provide SSH access to your server.

wcfrostick

The only thing I am able to provide will be a Teamviewer or remote desktop connection. The server is running locally, and does not broadcast out. The server is running at the moment for about 5 more hours if you are available to look at it. Let me know.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
You should allow 24/7 SSH, Teamviewer or RDP access to the server. If you can not provide 24/7 access, please collect a maximum detaled report as described here, inclucluding:
- configuration files
- server logs
- client debug logs
- traffic dumps from the beginning of RTSP session (you should restart server, start to collect traffic dump and then open a stream in player)

wcfrostick

I don't think you understand. The server is running on a production truck that tours the country. It is online every Monday and Tuesday from around 11am EST to 11:30pm EST. Any other time the truck is shut down and traveling. It is impossible to connect to the server while it is traveling on the road. The server is only used locally to broadcast video throughout the Arenas via wifi. The stream and SSH connection to the server does not reach the outside world. between those times, I am able to give you a Teamviewer connection to my computer to access the server.

I hope that clears things up.

Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It is quite clear. Thanks.
1. Please arrange permanent teamviewer access between 11am EST and 11pm EST, Monday and Tuesday.
It can be a dedicated PC or your PC. Our engineers would need to have access and be able to check it anytime inside the time-window
2. Provide SSH access from the remote PC.
3. Provide instruction how to test it from the PC. We would need step-by-step screen-shots.
We will check and gather necessary dumps.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
-unstable video on both chrome and firefox
To solve stream problem on the broadcast device Epiphan Pearl 2 , the "Key frame interval" parameter is set to "Key frames only". From the documentation:
Decoding a 1080p RTSP signal at 30 fps consumes approximately 10% of your Pearl-2's CPU power. If it is a pearl-2 decodesonly, it can be used to decode CPU resources. Details on this functionality here.
- Chrome 74.0.3729.169 will not load stream, spinning ball of death
- Firefox plays no problem
- Previous versions of chrome work fine.
Network ports in a version WCS 5.2 have been changed for the REST API: port 8081 is now used with http, instead of 9091.

Last edited:

wcfrostick

Looks like those changes made the video quality look like crap. When I look at it directly from the Perl, it also looks like crap. Is it possible to make a change on flashphoners side to make it work? It worked in the past on an older version.

If I put the key frame interval back to 1 sec, it looks fine when viewing directly.

https://ibb.co/8K0XY7B