Custom mixer layout cropping

Evgenii

Good day. When implementing custom layout, when frame is bigger than the provided cell - frame is resized to fil into the cell, which is of course a very reasonable behaviour. However, for some use cases I need to do a crop (starting from center vertical axis of the frame to the left and right until it completely fits into the cell). Is that somehow possible, or is that a reasonable feature to add maybe? Maybe I can modify (crop) that frame in java right inside custom layout code?

Here is a sample of desired result:
afbeelding2.png

Here 3 people stream from PC webcams (horizontal, say WxH = 1920x1080), and we have 3 horizontal cells. The goal is: instead of fitting 3 horizontal rectangles in the center of each cell - crop around vertical center.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Maybe I can modify (crop) that frame in java right inside custom layout code?
From custom layout class code you can only manage picture placement, but not content.
We raised the ticket WCS-2949 to inevstigate it and let you know result here.
As temporary solution you can try to use decoded frames custom interceptor class: crop the desired stream, then add it to the mixer. Note that you cannot change pictire resolution from frames interceptor, but can modify any YUV pixel (and replace too).