Flashphoner records directory change

Evgenii

Hi, I've read documentation but didn't find a way to change directory where flashphoner writes recording files. It's WCS_HOME\records, but I'd like to change that to another directory. I'm aware that there is hook script with which I can _copy_ files to another directory, but I don't want to copy. Flashphoner is installed in /usr/local/ by default, and I don't want to write such things in this directory. Is there a way to change records path or it's hardcoded?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

The directory is not configurable.
Records can be saved to another location these ways
1. Instead of records directory, create records symlink pointing to another directory, e.g.
Code:
ln -sf /tmp/records /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records
2. Or, use a bind mount
Code:
mount --bind /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records /tmp/records

Evgenii

But with both of those options, record files are still present at original
/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records location. I need them to be on a separate storage device, and not present at /usr/local at all (part of the reason is storage capacity of device where /usr/local is mounted is less than 10 GB). Is it not possible to just add an option to configuration file to just tell where exactly to write record files?

Also,
/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/is already a symlink to the directory with specific flashphoner version (/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.515-...), so I cannot even mount separate volume to /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records, and cannot mount it to specific flashphoner version directory above, because it will change with the next update.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
But with both of those options, record files are still present at original
/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records location.
Have you tried to apply this recommendations? If yes, please check:
1. If you created symlink
Code:
ln -sf /tmp/records /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records
command like ls -l /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records should display something like
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 84 Apr 30 15:16 /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records -> /tmp/records
2. If you mounted folder /tmp/records
Code:
mount --bind /tmp/records /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records
please start recording and check: recording file will be created in /tmp/records folder
In both cases, recording files will be placed to /tmp/records folder (and to corresponding file system), but will be listed also in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/records folder
This can be done even without server restart.
We raised the ticket WCS-2662 to add options for some custom folders, but all the described above is also working for another customers.