Issue with Custom WebSocket Port on WCS 5.2.1181

Taylor

Hello

I am trying to upgrade the WebCallServer on AWS to 5.2.1181, however testing on the demo's Stream Recording page I immediately get a 'Failed' status upon trying to start the streaming:
Screenshot from 2022-04-27 15-25-06.png

(Redacted URL in textbox)

We are doing the upgrade so that we get the fix for the display matrix/rotation issue that was discovered a few weeks ago: https://forum.flashphoner.com/threads/playback-issue-on-chrome-for-recorded-videos.14191/

I believe I've traced this issue down to the WebSocket ports that we use but am not sure as to why the issue appears now.

We use custom ports for our WebSocket connections, and have been using that for some time:
Code:
ws.port                 =80
wss.port                =443

When deploying various WCS instances, using AMI and then upgrading them, this is what I found:
  • Deploying WCS 5.2.944 (No upgrade, using AMI) - Works
  • Deploying WCS 5.2.1127 (No upgrade, using AMI) - Doesn't Work
  • Deploying WCS 5.2.1181 (Upgraded from AMI 5.2.944) - Doesn't Work
  • Deploying WCS 5.2.1181 (Upgraded from AMI 5.2.1127) - Doesn't Work
What's interesting is that when I update the flashphoner.properties to set the WebSocket ports back to their default values, I can successfully test the stream recording page:
Code:
ws.port                 =8080
wss.port                =8443

Looking at the logs though I cannot see anything as to why this issue is occuring.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Taylor

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
If you need to use any privileged ports (0-1000) in latest WCS builds, please set WCS to start as root by changing the following parameter in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/bin/setenv.sh from
Code:
WCS_NON_ROOT=true
to
Code:
WCS_NON_ROOT=false
and restart WCS.

Taylor

Hello Max

Thank you for the answer. I can now successfully stream with the custom ports.

I can also confirm that the rotation bug is no longer there too when streaming on Chrome browser.

Thank you so much.