License error after updating WCS

marcw

Hello!
I have a monthly paid license since ages (including sip features). But after updating the WCS from 5.2.591 to 5.2.1054 I always get licence errors in my logs (and cannot use the WCS of course).

I had switched from the old to the new installed version first by

cd /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/bin
./shutdown.sh
cd /usr/local
sudo rm -f FlashphonerWebCallServer
sudo ln -sf FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.1054-18a3c07715f1db292dc9272c481084ebd7ec5587 FlashphonerWebCallServer
cd /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/bin
./startup.sh

When getting the license errors I made a ./activate.sh. I was asked if I want to deactivate the license code xyz what I confirmed. Then I should enter the "new" code and I ented again my old licende code what was confirmed with a success message. But again I got that problems.

01:41:08,234 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread processSuccessPingResult result: PingResult{status='subscription_expired'}
01:41:08,234 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread Subscription for your license is expired. We could not receive the monthly payment to renew your subscription. Please create a new subscription. Your current license will be blocked.
01:41:08,234 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread expireLicense licenseStatus: success success >> subscription_expired

Of course my payment also for this month is paid. And after returning to the old WCS version 5.2.591 I have no problems to use it.
When launching the "old" WCS again I see in the license.log

02:14:04,219 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread ping ret: success

02:14:04,220 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread processSuccessPingResult result: PingResult{status='success'}
02:14:04,220 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread Subscription success, connection repaired or subscription has been renewed after a temporary cancellation
02:14:04,220 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread successLicense licenseStatus: success success >> success
02:15:47,171 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread ping ret: success

02:15:47,172 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread processSuccessPingResult result: PingResult{status='success'}
02:15:47,172 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread Subscription success, connection repaired or subscription has been renewed after a temporary cancellation
02:15:47,172 INFO Subscription - Subscription Thread successLicense licenseStatus: success success >> success

What is my problem?

Best regards
Marc

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
When getting the license errors I made a ./activate.sh. I was asked if I want to deactivate the license code xyz what I confirmed. Then I should enter the "new" code and I ented again my old licende code what was confirmed with a success message. But again I got that problems.
When updating WCS with keeping old version installed, you can just copy the file /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.591-.../conf/flashphoner.license to a newly installed version folder:
Code:
cp /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.591-*/conf/flashphoner.license /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.1054-18a3c07715f1db292dc9272c481084ebd7ec5587/conf
Then start WCS.
No need to deactivate and activate with the same license key.