No audio playback in Chrome since Chrome 81

marcw

Hello!

I noticed that the last update of Chrome suppresses the audio playback on my website. My WCS version is 5.1.3546. I am sure that a WCS update to the current version would fix it but I have a lot of special code adjustements (clever as I am undocumented) so that a workaround would be the much faster solution for me. May be that there are one or two lines of code known to you which I have to patch to bring my WCS to work again with Chrome?
My Chrome version is Version 81.0.4044.122

Best regards
Marc

marcw

I found this in the Chrome inspector. May be it helps:
Code:
Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'setRemoteDescription' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Failed to set remote answer sdp: Failed to apply the description for 0: Invalid ICE parameters: ICE ufrag must contain only alphanumeric characters, '+', and '/'.
Promise.then (async)
callRefreshHandlers.<computed> @ flashphoner.js?1:8040
wsConnection.onmessage @ flashphoner.js?1:7821

marcw

Surprisingly only updating the WCS (server) worked for me. :) I thought it's a must also to change out the web client after passing so many versions since I installed my 5.1. And in that I have so many adjustments. Chrome is working again, Firefox aswell but Edge isn't working since a longer while. I could not find out why.

Best regards
Marc

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day, Marc.
You can try to update WebSDK only to the latest build 0.5.28.2753.133 without updatinng WCS.
If this doesn't help, another possible reason is Chrome and most of modern browsers require DTLS 1.2 to be supported for WebRTC connection, but WCS 5.1 supports DTLS 1.0 only. In this case, the only way is to update to 5.2 and to fix all the custom code.
but Edge isn't working since a longer while
The legacy MS Edge will be dropped soon (probably in the next major Windows 10 update), but the new Chromium Edge works like Chrome in most tests.

marcw

Damn, indeed! No problems any longer since Edge Chronium! Think it was the easiest way for me to let Microsoft build that workaround for my problem. :D
Thank you and best regards
Marc

mbedial

Hi,
we had the same problem, we updated to websdsk 0.5.28.2753.133 but it's still happening :-(
We are using Chromium version 81.0.4044.122 (Build oficial) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64 bits) and
Versión 81.0.4044.129 (Build oficial) (64 bits) for windows, and in both systems it fails:

Thanks in advance,
Mario

1588673219367.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
we had the same problem, we updated to websdsk 0.5.28.2753.133 but it's still happening :-(
FlashphonerWebCallServer-5.2.458
Please update WCS to the latest build 5.2.597 from this page. Also please sure the following parameter is set in flashphoner.properties file
Code:
dtls_force_version_0=false
or is not set at all.
The message on screenshot occurs when DTLS connection is failed. Seems like Chrome dropped DTLS 1.0 in last builds.