Play a camera not from localhost demo.

vali

Greetings,
I want to play the camera on a different computer on the same network. I downloaded the player example on the other computer and entered the ws connection string. The connection to the server is established but I cannot see the camera. In the localhost demo everything is working as expected.
How can I play the camera on the other computer?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please check if media ports are not blocked when you try to access your server from a different PC using tools described here. Configure firewall on your server to access a mininum set of ports as described here.

vali

My WCS running on linux with ip 192.168.1.230. I wrote this line "tcpdump udp port 31000" in the terminal, and he listening on port 31000. When I sent a simple udp packet from the same computer everything is working. I didn't get why this is working with wcs1.com and not with the computer ip? When i trying to send an udp packet from different computer this is not working. Maybe I need to mention that both computers connected to 2 networks (same networks).

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please configure firewall on your test server as described here or disable it, then check again:
- start tcpdump
Code:
tcpdump udp port 31000
- send a packet from another PC
Code:
echo-n "hello"| nc -4u -w1 192.168.1.230 31000
If ports are opened, tcpdump should receive some data and log it to console

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
In your report client debug logs is missing, and traffic dump contains no WebRTC connection and RTSP connection sequences. So please collect the report again. Also collect report when you successfully play a stream, to compare.
Preliminarly, it seems like IP address misconfiguration. You've set up server as
Code:
ip                     =10.0.0.xxx
ip_local               =10.0.0.xxx
and you try to establish WebRTC connection to 192.168.1.xxx interface. It will not work unless you correctly set up a routing because server will alwasy show ICE candidates on 10.0.0.xxx address.
So you probably have to correct network settings.

vali

I sent you two reports, one with working example (debug_working.tar) - working from the computer where the server is installed and one with not working example (debug_not_working.tar) - not working example from other computer on the same network. So I downloaded the web sdk on the another computer in the same network and I used the player example. I entered the WCS URL : ws://192.168.1.230:8080, Stream : rtsp://admin:admin@192.1.168.16 after I pressed the start button the message was: established and after a second it changed to failed by ICE timeout.