Publishing the audio in conference.

Oleksandr1997

I am implementing the conference with the 2 people - 1 person streams video from Android or iOS, and the second person is in browser and needs to receive the stream in conference and to publish only audio. We are doing it via conference to make in scalable in future. I was doing everything according to documentation, but not all the things were present the same way as in your example in github (https://github.com/flashphoner/flas...mples/demo/streaming/conference/conference.js).
First of all - in playParticipantsStream there was no play() function in participant directly, in order to access it, instead of participant.play() - I found that it has to be done by:
participant.streams[Object.keys(participant.streams)[0]].play() - playing first stream of "streams" object.
But when I try to run publishLocalMedia - I get the following warning and the audio stream I want to make is being failed:
backend.js:6 09:40:54 WARN core - TypeError: Cannot set property 'mediaTrackConstraints' of undefined
at flashphoner.js:36558
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at Object.getMediaAccess (flashphoner.js:36542)
at Object.publish (flashphoner.js:12113)
at Object.publish (flashphoner.js:35222)
at UnmountTracker.publishLocalMedia (index.js:266)
at Object.STATE (index.js:209)
at Object.roomHandlers.<computed> [as 5e5f67e54c3c480036a2dfe1] (flashphoner.js:34981)
at Object.APP_DATA (flashphoner.js:34833)
at WebSocket.wsConnection.onmessage (flashphoner.js:10806)

Can you point me to the cause of this error? Or give advice how to implement the audio stream from Web SDK side for the conference.

Last edited:

Oleksandr1997

Thank you very much! Is it possible not to use the display prop for publishing? (record stream for other members of the conference, but not display it).

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Display option is mandatory for stream publishing, but you can use invisible div element on web page to display local video.