push to wowza: bug with instance name ?

Gabriel T

hello
i have a small issue when re publishing to wowza:
if i use this url: rtmp://mywowzaserver.com:1935/wcs/1/streamName, the rest call return a striped url name
if i use this instead (no instance name): rtmp://mywowzaserver.com:1935/wcs/streamName its working as expected.
but i absolutely needs to be able to specify the application instance where i want to publish (and as far as i remember, it was working a few months ago with previous versions of wcs)
any idea ?
thanks !

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Try to use setting in WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties
Code:
rtmp_transponder_full_url=true
If it is enabled, WCS should use RTMP URL rtmp://mywowzaserver.com:1935/wcs/1 and stream name 'StreamName' as expected.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Created internal case WCS-1232.
Will inform you once we have any progress.

Gabriel T

setting it to false actually solved it...but i think this parameter was necessary for facebook live to work...will give it a try and let you know.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Code:
rtmp_transponder_full_url=true
This parameter is necessary if you want to publish the same stream simultaneously to youtube and facebook.
For example, you have stream1 on WCS.
If you republish this stream to Wowza you can just use the same name stream1.
However if you republish to Youtube or Facebook you have to use predefined names (stream keys).
The setting rtmp_transponder_full_url=true allows to use full url for republishing. If it is false, stream will be republished with the same stream name as initial stream.