RTSP string format

syspro

if i want to playback video , how it the specific time range rtsp string format? can i use rtsp string like following example:

for example: rtsp://[ip address]//playback?from=[start-time]&to=[end-time]

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please clarify your case.
If you're capturing RTSP stream from IP camera and playing it via WebRTC, RTSP URL format depends on IP camera capabilities. Please see details here for this case.
If you're playing some stream from WCS in a player as RTMP, you can not specify a time range because WCS supports realtime streaming only. Please see datils here for this case.

syspro

if i use follwing rtsp string, it's possible? i can display video using vlc. But flashphoner can't see video
for example: rtsp://[ip address]:554/recording?ch=1&stream=0&start=20190924150900&stop=20190924151000

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
rtsp://[ip address]:554/recording?ch=1&stream=0&start=20190924150900&stop=20190924151000
If [ip address] is WCS address, it is not possible.
If [ip address] is IP camera address it should be possible. Please try to set the following parameters in WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties file
Code:
rtsp_interleaved_mode=false
rtsp_fail_on_error_track=false
then restart WCS and check if stream is playing.
If not, please collect a report as described here ans send to support@flashphoner.com, we will check. Also please provide us access to the stream for testing.

syspro

Good day.

If [ip address] is WCS address, it is not possible.
If [ip address] is IP camera address it should be possible. Please try to set the following parameters in WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties file
Code:
rtsp_fail_on_error_track=false
then restart WCS and check if stream is playing.
If not, please collect a report as described here ans send to support@flashphoner.com, we will check. Also please provide us access to the stream for testing.
IP address is not camera ip address. its other device ip address

syspro

If i use network type is 'tcp' , i can see the video. if network type is 'udp', can't see the video from flashphoner. if i want to use 'udp', do i need config anything inside flashphoner server.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
If i use network type is 'tcp' , i can see the video. if network type is 'udp', can't see the video from flashphoner.
Please clarify, what exactly option do you switch (screenshot)?

syspro

Please clarify, what exactly option do you switch (screenshot)?
Screenshot is very difficult for me . Sorry about that. but i can give you example. let's say i have two rtsp string:
(1) rtsp://[ip address]:554/ch01.264?dev=1 (for udp to display video)
(2) rtsp://[ip address]/ONVIF/MediaInput?profile=1_def_profile1 (for tcp to display video)
inside the device i config one for to use udp . one for to use tcp.
if i use second rtsp string, i can display video from flashphoner. but if i use first rtsp string, can't display video , no error also come out. Loading sign is appear but no video

Max

Administrator
Staff member
By default, WCS uses interleaved mode (TCP transport) to capture RTSP
Code:
rtsp_interleaved_mode=true
To capture UDP RTSP stream you should set
Code:
in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/flashphoner.properties file, then restart WCS.
In other hand, you can configure all your sources to stream RTSP using TCP, then WCS will work with default settings.

syspro

By default, WCS uses interleaved mode (TCP transport) to capture RTSP
Code:
rtsp_interleaved_mode=true
To capture UDP RTSP stream you should set
Code:
in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/flashphoner.properties file, then restart WCS.
In other hand, you can configure all your sources to stream RTSP using TCP, then WCS will work with default settings.
Thanks . now i can do many things becos of you support me a lot . Thank Max :)