ssl certificates conf

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Self signed (self generated) certificates will not work.
WCS already has self-signed certificates. So you don't need to generate your own.

You have to get 'normal' certificates signed by authorized certificate authority (CA).
You can get free certificates from letsencrypt.org or on AWS (amazon web services).
Once you have certificate and private key, you can upload the cert and key via dashboard.

Gabriel T

thank you for reply

obtained my certificates using certbot available in tools. uploaded chain.pem and privkey.pem. server unavailable after this opération

which files should be uploaded ? certbot generates 3 files (chain, privkey and cert)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Here what we have with letsencrypt
Code:
#ls /etc/letsencrypt/live/wcs5-eu.flashphoner.com
cert.pem  chain.pem  fullchain.pem  fullchain_privkey.pem  privkey.pem  README
So we can either
1. Import
  • cert.pem
  • chain.pem
  • privkey.pem
or
2. Import
  • fullchain.pem
  • privkey.pem

Please see attached screenshots:

cert.pem, chain.pem, privkey.pem
letsencrypt.jpg

fullchain.pem, privkey.pem
fullchain.jpg

Gabriel T

hello
im' trying to re install wcs with certificate on a new server as im ready to go on production and get a licence.

however im struggling again with the ssl certificate. i'm trying to use letsencrypt inlcuded in tools, and i have the following error after the command "./certbot-auto certonly"

Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA.

any clue ? cant find the tuto for ssl config with letsencrypt

thanks !

RapidID

This is a working way:

1. Generate letsencrypt certs manually.
Code:
certbot certonly
following prompts here...

2. Letsencrypt will create cert files in
Code:
/etc/letsencrypt/domain.com/arcive
3. Download these files to your PC
  • fullchain.pem
  • privkey.pem
4. Import via Dashboard / Security / Certificates
As described in the message above https://forum.flashphoner.com/threads/ssl-certificates-conf.10997/#post-13222
Hi Flashphoner Support,

I had to do for a few times now. Every 3 months, SSL expires, certbot does not automatically renew it for us and we get an error.
Is possible to automate this at all? If yes, please advise on how to automate this.