Streaming from Safari 11 IOS11 (iPhone)

Costel

Hello,
We are trying to stream from IOS11 (Safari)
We succeeded so far to get a working video stream and clients from other devices to see an hear the broadcaster.
However, we can't make the video preview working. Basically, we would like that the broadcaster to see himself.

Thanks,
Costel

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
https://developer.apple.com/library...iderations/Device-SpecificConsiderations.html
Multiple Simultaneous Audio or Video Streams
Currently, all devices running iOS are limited to playback of a single audio or video stream at any time. Playing more than one video—side by side, partly overlapping, or completely overlaid—is not currently supported on iOS devices. Playing multiple simultaneous audio streams is also not supported. You can change the audio or video source dynamically, however. See Replacing a Media Source Sequentially for details.
As you can see it is current limitation of Apple iOS platform. So you can't play two videos simultaneously on iOS.

Costel

Thanks Max,
But I don't want to play 2 videos. I simply want to play what user is broadcasting. To see himself.

Thanks,
Costel.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I'm afraid 'play' means playing either local video captured from a cam or remote video received as stream.
Try to capture 2 video streams and display them simultaniously on the same web page. I guess you will have the same result.

Costel

I see, still there should be a way to make streaming from IOS and to be possible to have a preview of what you stream, right?