WCS 5.1 Failed when play RTSP camera

hqphuong

Hi.
1. I have a WCS 5.1 on local. My ACTI camera can view by VLC, but when i test on WSC, it failed.
upload_2018-9-13_15-32-48.png

2. My WCS stay in local and behind a Firewall. Now i want publish it to Internet, what port to NAT it on FW ( view video only, not audio)?

Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
1. For Embed PLayer to play this stream, you should escape '@' character, i.e. replace it with %42. Any characters that are not allowed in URI, should be escaped.
2. The full list of ports used by WCS can be found on this page.

hqphuong

Hi Max
My camera username and password is admin:123456. It don't has any @ character in username or password. So i must change URI = "rtsp://admin:123456%42172.16.51.74:7070/onvif-stream1" ?
Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
So i must change URI = "rtsp://admin:123456%42172.16.51.74:7070/onvif-stream1" ?
For Embed Player, yes.
In Player example you do not need to replace anything.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
When you connect to your camera, authentication work correctly. But WCS find no suported codecs in stream from your camera^
18:09:33,881 ERROR MediaHandler - pool-51-thread-1 No supported codecs found!
because your camera sends JPEG video, that is not supported by WCS.
You should setup or change your camera to use it as stream source. Besides, you use WCS 5.0, not 5.1. Consider update to latest WCS version that more feature rich. Update procedure described here.

hqphuong

Hi Max
I changed camera to H.264 type.
upload_2018-9-14_14-6-44.png

And Update WCS to ver 5.1.3356
when i test with H.264 encoder type , it does'nt Failed error but it is black screen.
upload_2018-9-14_14-5-27.png

Can u help me check new log. I sended for U.
Tks

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
You have video only stream. and server eternally wait for audio packets to synchronize. So to play it in Embed Player you should set this parameter
Code:
rtp_force_synchronization=true
in WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties file.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
It is a trial license watermark.
It does not display with commercial license.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

What is your ip= settings in WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties
It should be external (internet) address of your server.

If you want to open stream in the LAN and in the WAN (internet), you have to configure:
ip={external ip}
ip_local={LAN ip}
rtc_ice_add_local_interface=true

Setting rtc_ice_add_local_interface allow to use LAN ip additionally to external IP.
Without this setting, it will work from internet only.
With this setting it should work both from internet and from LAN viewers.

hqphuong

Hi Max
I changed ip={My wcs external ip}, rtc_ice_add_local_interface=true in flashphoner.properties but it still failed when play embed from internet
upload_2018-9-18_9-59-32.png

I sended new wcs log for u.
Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
You wrote
On firewall i opened ports: 8888, 8443, 34001-35000.
But in your WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties config file the following is set
Code:
port_from              =30000
port_to                =31000
media_port_from        =31001
media_port_to          =32000
As a result, playback of your stream from Internet fails because WCS tries to use ports from the setting above (31056/UDP for example).
So you should open ports 30000-32000 on firewall and forward those ports to WCS server.

hqphuong

Hi Max
When WCS create 1 embed code. ex:
<iframe id='fp_embed_player' src='https://ipwcs:8888/embed_player?urlServer=wss://ipwcs:8443&streamName=rtsp://username:password@ipcamera:554/onvif-stream1&mediaProviders=WebRTC,Flash,MSE,WSPlayer' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' frameborder='0' width='50%' height='50%' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen='allowfullscreen'></iframe>
How can i encrypt ip wcs, ip camera, camera's username and password?

Thanks.