Web Call Server Play not working

Goji

I am running demos after deploying the server on Ubuntu 16.04. In all demos, I'm having problem with the player. Example in Two-way Streaming, it able to establish connection with 'ESTABLISHED' displayed, and able to view the video in local window, but display 'FAILED' after clicked 'Play' button. From the log file, it show status 'FAILED' with message 'Session not ready'.

Another example is WebRTC as RTMP re-publishing. After able to view the video in local window, I click 'Start' at the RTMP player, and it only show 'Started' without any video playing. From the log, it show status 'PLAYING' with message 'Failed to add stream to proxy'.

Attached log files for your reference. Any settings I miss out?

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
From the log file, it show status 'FAILED' with message 'Session not ready'.
On some installations we had similar issue during first playback attempt after server startup.
Does this work on second playback after server startup?
Code:
I click 'Start' at the RTMP player, and it only show 'Started' without any video playing.
By default you should have such setting in your flashphoner.properties config:
Code:
rtmp_transponder_stream_name_prefix =rtmp_
If you don't have such setting, perhaps your server version is out of date.
Please stop your server, deactivate your license and install latest version from here from scratch.

alexanderY

Same problem with one user. He can't stream, can't do echo test, can't play other streams when at work. When he brings his laptop home, everything works fine.
"Session not ready" in logs. And it repeats on second playback, third etc.
His netscan report seems fine https://www.netscan.co/r/HtNZr
Tried several browsers. No success.
Other WebRTC chats are working for him.

vikram

hi, i have installed new webcallserver for users to view my live videos, i am facing 2 problems, 1) after running more than 2 weeks flashphoner videos start playing abrupt, and 2) i have to click many times to play video, please guide me what should I do ?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Configs are in WCS_HOME/conf. There is no server.properties. Documentation on configs is here.

vikram

Not just config - logs are required; they can be collected using report.sh as described here.
Also, please clarify which browsers and media providers are used for playback, and send as well browser console output or screenshot for the case when the issue is reproduced.
Is it reproducible with the demo Player example (https://WCS:8444/client2/examples/demo/streaming/player/player.html)?
ok, i am trying to get that log! will send you soon, also the 2nd problem about abrupt video, better as of now by reducing the bitrate and keyframe from wirecast.
but this clicking many time to play video is major problem I am facing as of now. need to ractify that on very urgent basis.

vikram

Not just config - logs are required; they can be collected using report.sh as described here.
Also, please clarify which browsers and media providers are used for playback, and send as well browser console output or screenshot for the case when the issue is reproduced.
Is it reproducible with the demo Player example (https://WCS:8444/client2/examples/demo/streaming/player/player.html)?
This is the link you can ty and open, you will have to click many times to start playing. please get this issue resolved !
https://streamveronica.com:8444/client2/examples/demo/streaming/player/player.html

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We tried to play stream using your link and saw the message "No free ports available". Then, we checked server statistics page http://streamveronica.com:8081/?action=stat
Code:
-----Connection Stats-----
connections=446
connections_rtmfp=0
connections_websocket=446
connections_hls=0
-----Port Stats-----
ports_media_free=0
ports_media_busy=478
streams_webrtc_out=224
streams_websocket_out=6
streams_rtmp_in=6
So you have 6 RTMP publishers and 230 WebRTC subscribers. In this case we recommend you to increase media ports range in flashphoner.properties file, for example:
Code:
media_port_from=20000
media_port_to=40000
Pleasy check if this port range is not used by another applications on your server. Also you should adjust firewall setup to open extended port range.

vikram

Good day.
We tried to play stream using your link and saw the message "No free ports available". Then, we checked server statistics page http://streamveronica.com:8081/?action=stat
Code:
-----Connection Stats-----
connections=446
connections_rtmfp=0
connections_websocket=446
connections_hls=0
-----Port Stats-----
ports_media_free=0
ports_media_busy=478
streams_webrtc_out=224
streams_websocket_out=6
streams_rtmp_in=6
So you have 6 RTMP publishers and 230 WebRTC subscribers. In this case we recommend you to increase media ports range in flashphoner.properties file, for example:
Code:
media_port_from=20000
media_port_to=40000
Pleasy check if this port range is not used by another applications on your server. Also you should adjust firewall setup to open extended port range.
thankyou so much, I have made the changes, and as of now there is no problem happened yet! but the major check would be on weekend, so I am observing
thankyou

vikram

thankyou so much, I have made the changes, and as of now there is no problem happened yet! but the major check would be on weekend, so I am observing
thankyou
hi, thanks for your quick reply, as you suggested, that click again n again is not as frequent as it was but still there, also new problem started, when the load is heavy, like more than 600 connections, the video doesn't play, it get stuck and play like super slow? please check the same link again

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Due to the server load; the streams are also being transcoded on the server (to VP8 and MPV).
Please see the article for the scaling recommendations: Server performance testing, Recommendations.
Here are recommendations for a similar case (large number of subscribers with transcoding to VP8 and MPV).
Also, in case there are lags when playing stream with large number of subscribers without transcoding, enable this setting
Code:
streaming_distributor_video_proxy_pool_enabled=true
It will enable mutithreaded video distribution to the subscribers without transcoding.

vikram

Due to the server load; the streams are also being transcoded on the server (to VP8 and MPV).
Please see the article for the scaling recommendations: Server performance testing, Recommendations.
Here are recommendations for a similar case (large number of subscribers with transcoding to VP8 and MPV).
Also, in case there are lags when playing stream with large number of subscribers without transcoding, enable this setting
Code:
streaming_distributor_video_proxy_pool_enabled=true
It will enable mutithreaded video distribution to the subscribers without transcoding.
thankyou for your reply, the setting you said to change, is in flashphoner.properties ? please confirm