WebRTC SIP Gateway

ispi2071

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. Could someone tell me if this would be possible.

We have an IP PBX system on our enterprise LAN. We currently have physical phones and some SIP client (MicroSIP) for soft phone. With softphone, we have to install on local end users' PCs. We are trying to use WebRTC capable webphone that will not require any local install.

We use Citrix in our network. In my design , the plan is that users will launch a website from Citrix store front pointed to the webphone URL. They will enter their extension credentials to get a softphone.

The softphone will use WebRTC/wss to talk to a SIP gateway that will in turn talk to our PBX.

I see that Web Call Server can do WebRTC/wss/WCS and I also saw mention of SIP gateway. I installed the trial license but not able to get this to work. When I use the wss://webcallserver:8443 as the WebRTC address in the softclient, I am not able to register any extensions. Does the trial server not allow SIP gateway function? On the documentation, I did not see where to configure the SIP info.

If anyone has some info on how to do this and would like to share that would be great.

I would like to have a test system where I can validate this would work the way we want as a proof of concept before spending too much time and resources.

Because our PBX is only available on our internal network, I am not able to use the Flashphoner online demo system.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

SIP integration is generally a complex task especially inside of Enterprise environments. That's why we don't offer SIP features under the standard license.

Here you can find WebRTC SIP Gateway related docs:

We can setup and test this inside of your internal network. Please send the demo setup request to sales@flashphoner.com
The request should include:
1. Permanent access to your network over VPN or teamviewer.
2. SSH access to the WCS server (Minimum requirements: Linux server latest Centos 7.x, 1 core CPU, 2 GB RAM)
3. Two SIP accounts which we can call each other to test result setup.