Keystore password configuration not working

tbr666

I have been following instructions from this link

https://docs.flashphoner.com/display/WCS5EN/Receiving+and+importing+Let's+Encrypt+SSL+certificate

to import my Letsencrypt certificate keystore into wss.jks file and I'm trying to specify my custom password for this keystore different then default value password.

Those are the commands I execute:

keytool -delete -alias selfsigned -keystore /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/wss.jks
Enter keystore password: password
openssl pkcs12 -export -in /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomainname/fullchain.pem -inkey /etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomainname/privkey.pem -out pkcs.p12 -name mydomainname
Enter Export Password: myPassword
Verifying - Enter Export Password: myPassword
keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore pkcs.p12 -srcstoretype PKCS12 -destkeystore /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/wss.jks
Enter destination keystore password: password
Enter source keystore password: myPassword

In flashphoner.properties I configure keystore password:

#websocket ports
ws.port =8080
wss.port =8443
wss.keystore.password =myPassword

I restart the server:
systemctl restart webcallserver

After this I just can not connect to https://mydomain.com:8888, unless I specify the password to be "password" during this procedure, which is the default value from the documentation.

No matter what I put in flashophoner.properties as a keystore password, the connection doesn't work unless the password is "pasword", like the default value can not be overriden in this file.

What could be the problem with the steps I am executing?

tbr666

The problem has been solved by the following updates:
1.) In flashphoner.properties file the password has been set in wss.cert.password property instead of wss.keystore.password property
2.) File wss.jks has been copied to file wss_manager.jks where certificate has been imported with default password "password" instead of my password
3.) The certificate used to access the manager (via port 8888) is different than the certificate used for secure websocket (wss.jks) and this has been sent in wcs-manager.properties file:
-Dmanager.keystore=wss_manager.jks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
There is WCS manager setting described here
Code:
-Dmanager.keystore_password=pasword
You can override default keystore password value for manager using this setting.