RoomApi.sdk - RemoteFilterException

hyuk

I would like to inquire about an issue that occasionally arises in my application.
In my code snippet:

Code:
room.publish({
display: localVideo,
cacheLocalResources: true,
constraints: constraints,
record: isRecord,
receiveVideo: false,
receiveAudio: false,
stripCodecs: strippedCodecs,
sdpHook: rewriteSdp
}).on(STREAM_STATUS.FAILED, function (stream) {
// Handle failure
console.log(stream.getInfo());
});
Sometimes, when I call stream.getInfo() within the failure handler, I encounter a com.flashphoner.server.commons.filter.RemoteFilterException with the message "localhost:8081 failed to respond". This message appears to originate from within wcs server. I'm trying to understand under what circumstances this message is triggered. It doesn't seem to occur consistently. Could you provide some insight into this issue? Thank you.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
localhost:8081 failed to respond
This means the internal backend handling REST hooks (RoomApi uses them) does not respond on some REST query. Please try to increase the parameter limiting a maximum simultaneous REST connections:
Code:
rest_max_connections=2000

hyuk

Could you please provide information on the default value of 'rest_max_connections'?
Considering our service is still in the testing phase with few active connections—mostly one or two users conducting repeated tests—I wonder if there's still a possibility of encountering the error mentioned above.
Could this error occur in situations other than the above?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Could you please provide information on the default value of 'rest_max_connections'?
The default value is 200. It should be enough for testing purposes.
Try also to increase request retries count (3 by default):
Code:
rest_client_request_retry_count=10

hyuk

I've tried the options provided in the response, but the issue persists. Through repetitive testing, it seems that the problem occurs when both the video sender and receiver create and enter a room almost simultaneously. Adjusting the timing might potentially resolve the issue, but it doesn't seem like a fundamental solution. For now, I'm attaching the server logs for reference. Could you please review the inquiry to identify any potential problematic aspects?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked the report.
You've set a wrong option
1710470791705.png

So it does not work properly. Please set
Code:
rest_client_request_retry_count=10
Also you've not collected a system configuration, so we can't check it. Please collect a proper report
Code:
sudo /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/tools/report.sh --sysinfo --conf --tar
This may be a server performance issue. For instance, on our test servers (virtual host 4 vCPU, 8 Gb RAM) the exception org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException: localhost:8081 failed to respond is rarely reproducing during load tests (100 publishers/100 subscribers simultaneously)
Seems like you should either increase rest_client_request_retry_count or use more powerful server configuration.