Getting crash in iOS SDK

Manab Kumar Mal

My connection to WSS server is successful but when I am trying to publish, I am getting a crash on some thread. Even I can not understand why it is causing the crash. I am attaching the screenshots where I am getting the crash. I am using both your WSS server and mine WSS server no where it is working. BUT surprising thing is that when I tried to run in your demo code it is running with both your server and mine server. Please help. I am stuck in a loop. Did not find any help from web.
PLEASE HELP.
Here is the publishing stream output:

stream FPWCSApi2Stream * 0x12f30fa60 0x000000012f30fa60
NSObject NSObject
audioMuteFlag BOOL NO false
videoMuteFlag BOOL NO false
cameraOrientaionLocked BOOL NO false
_receiveAudio BOOL YES true
_receiveVideo BOOL YES true
_published BOOL YES true
_record BOOL NO false
_stopped BOOL NO false
_streamID __NSCFString * @"9DE6F7E9-5F39-43D9-A094-38B3F5AA2E15" 0x000000012b0f6a00
_mediaProvider __NSCFConstantString * @"WebRTC" 0x00000001032d70a8
_display RTCEAGLVideoView * 0x12c958b00 0x000000012c958b00
_recordFileName NSString * nil 0x0000000000000000
_remoteBitrate long 0
_networkBandwidth long 0
_status kFPWCSStreamStatus kFPWCSStreamStatusPending
_custom __NSDictionaryM * 0 key/value pairs 0x000000012b08b9b0
_callbacks __NSDictionaryM * 3 key/value pairs 0x000000012c975f80
_name __NSCFConstantString * @"manabtest" 0x00000001032a47e8
_constraints FPWCSApi2MediaConstraints * 0x12f30fae0 0x000000012f30fae0
_rtmpUrl NSString * nil 0x0000000000000000
_session FPWCSApi2Session * 0x12f20b790 0x000000012f20b790
_mediaConnection FPWCSApi2MediaConnection * nil 0x0000000000000000

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
Please clarify:
1. You build and run sample iOS application (Two Way Streaming for example), connects and stream to your WCS server, and it works.
2. You modify sample iOS application code, and it does not work.
Is that right?

Manab Kumar Mal

Hello.
Please clarify:
1. You build and run sample iOS application (Two Way Streaming for example), connects and stream to your WCS server, and it works.
2. You modify sample iOS application code, and it does not work.
Is that right?
1. Yes, It is right.
2. Nope, I have not modified the code used same code in my application by copying all code from Two Way streaming. As well I am using same frameworks and pods which you used there.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Try to modify example code step by step rather then write code from scratch or just copy it.

Manab Kumar Mal

Try to modify example code step by step rather then write code from scratch or just copy it.
This is the stream code I am using, please check, when it is trying to publish it is crashing. In publishStream method when stream returned, after few moment it is getting that crash. If you can tell me at least why I am getting that crash then I can solve that, But I can not understand how it is crashing and for which code it is crashing, there is no error I am receiving in log as well. Can you please help on that?

Attachments

Manab Kumar Mal

This is the stream code I am using, please check, when it is trying to publish it is crashing. In publishStream method when stream returned, after few moment it is getting that crash. If you can tell me at least why I am getting that crash then I can solve that, But I can not understand how it is crashing and for which code it is crashing, there is no error I am receiving in log as well. Can you please help on that?
Hi Sir,
Can you please help regarding that, I am waiting for your feedback, we are getting that error every time, if you can help we can go with your registered version.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
You have never initialized localDisplay pointer in the code you provide.
We recommend you tp get the working example code and modify it step by step rather than cut and paste some code parts. Also, you can use debugger to find a problem in your code.

Manab Kumar Mal

I have taken 2 IBOutlet for RTCEAGLVideoView, one for local video playing and another for streamed video playing. It is not the modification, so if you can check and let me know it will help me to create that flashphoner integration faster in live project.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We see a pointer declaration in your code
Code:
 __weak IBOutlet RTCEAGLVideoView *localDisplay;
but no object allocation
Code:
localDisplay = [[RTCEAGLVideoView alloc] init];
We recommend you to learn more about memory allocation an so on before writing a production code.

Manab Kumar Mal

We see a pointer declaration in your code
Code:
 __weak IBOutlet RTCEAGLVideoView *localDisplay;
but no object allocation
Code:
localDisplay = [[RTCEAGLVideoView alloc] init];
We recommend you to learn more about memory allocation an so on before writing a production code.
I know all those memory allocation, and IBOutlet does not needed extra allocation, I hope you know that. By the way we have used total your controller, still it is crashing, if you can check the files which I have used there (attached zips), you can see the error, I am getting the error when publish method returned. i am attaching the crash log as well with the thread.

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
If you build example iOS application (Two Way Streaming, Video Chat and so on) from sources, did it crashed when publishing a stream? If not, then reason is probably not in SDK code.

Manab Kumar Mal

If you build example iOS application (Two Way Streaming, Video Chat and so on) from sources, did it crashed when publishing a stream? If not, then reason is probably not in SDK code.
Why dont you directly tell us that you are not giving support for your framework, our organisation was planning to buy your paid access, but if we get that kind of support how we plan to purchase, there is nothing written which is causing the app crash, total app is running fine, only when Publish method returning value after than we are getting crash. This is because of framework, if we dont run your code the app is fully functional and running fine. Only after publish we are getting crash. So please tell us you are not going to support us, then we will try with another vendor. Thank you for your feedback. If you dont give support we have to switch to other vendor.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We cannot reproduce the issue on our test examples. So you should provide us full source code of your application for our engineers to check.
Also, you should provide an example working application code based on our sample with minimal changes, that reproduces the problem, we will check integration with iOS SDK.

Last edited:

Manab Kumar Mal

We cannot reproduce the issue on our test examples. So you should provide us full source code of your application for our engineers to check.
Also, you should provide an example working application code based on our sample with minimal changes, that reproduces the problem, we will check integration with iOS SDK.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please build an example working application code based on our sample (like Two Way Streaming) with minimal changes, that reproduces the problem.
We do not provide any debugging service for custom code or third side components integration for trial license.

Manab Kumar Mal

Hi Sir,
We have already purchased your license. Here is the key: DF2150F1-XXX...
So please tell us where is the problem it is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Your code uses many third-party components, any of them can lead to crush. If you are sure that the reason is Flashphoner iOS SDK, please provide us an example working application code based on our sample (like Two Way Streaming) with minimal changes, that reproduces the problem.

Manab Kumar Mal

Your code uses many third-party components, any of them can lead to crush. If you are sure that the reason is Flashphoner iOS SDK, please provide us an example working application code based on our sample (like Two Way Streaming) with minimal changes, that reproduces the problem.
I have sent you total code and told you where it is crashing, if you run the application in your mac you will get the crash in your end. As I have purchased the license you told me you will give me support still why you ignoring now? you have the source code and app is crashing because of the framework, so please let me why it is crashing in your framework.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We work on it (internal case WCS-1633) and let you know when we find something.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
As I have purchased the license you told me you will give me support still why you ignoring now?
Sorry for inconvenience. We do not provide debug services either for trial license or for Simple License.
You can request a quote for Enterprise License including code-integration support: https://flashphoner.com/simple-license

upload_2018-11-26_18-33-25.png

Anyway we are going to find out the crash cause and we'll check your code. We encountered similar error in past. Perhaps it is too many libraries in your application.
Try to remove a heavy library and test if it works. There can be a limitation in load library memory.