500 error on /RESTCall/call

fromin

Hi,

I am sending the following request to my web call server:

{"callId":"Xq2tlLcX89tTjaji","callee":"peachbooth.sip.twilio.com","rtmpUrl":"rtmp://dev.peachbooth.com:1935/live","rtmpStream":"stream1","hasAudio":"false","hasVideo":"false","connection":{"sipLogin":"chirpyadmin","sipPassword":"Peachb00th123","sipAuthenticationName":"chirpyadmin","sipDomain":"peachbooth.sip.twilio.com","sipPort":"5060","sipRegisterRequired":"false","appKey":"peachbooth"}} I am getting the following response:

{"timestamp":1488896347212,"status":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","exception":"com.flashphoner.server.manager.controller.exception.InternalErrorException","message":null,"path":"/RESTCall/call"}

The server logs say:

..../server_logs/flashphoner.log:

09:19:07,139 INFO NodeApi - RMI TCP Connection(1441)-127.0.0.1 call: CallConnection{call=Call{callId='Xq2tlLcX89tTjaji', parentCallId='null', incoming=null, status='null', sipStatus=null, caller='null', callee='peachbooth.sip.twilio.com', hasVideo=false, sdp='null', visibleName='null', inviteParameters=null, mediaProvider='null', sipMessageRaw='null', isMsrp=false, target='null', holdForTransfer=false} connection=Connection{sipRegisterRequired=false, sipLogin='chirpyadmin', sipAuthenticationName='chirpyadmin', sipPassword='Peachb00th123', sipVisibleName='null', sipDomain='peachbooth.sip.twilio.com', sipOutboundProxy='null', sipPort=5060, sipContactParams='null', width=null, height=null, supportedResolutions='null', useProxy=null, useDTLS=null, mediaProviders=null, appMainClass='null', authToken='null', status='null', restClientConfig=null, clientVersion=null}Context{custom={}, nodeId='null', appKey='peachbooth', sessionId='null'}}
09:19:07,140 INFO WCS4Handler - RMI TCP Connection(1441)-127.0.0.1 onConnect client: com.flashphoner.server.D.A@7e6b8903
09:19:07,150 INFO SoftphoneFactory - RMI TCP Connection(1441)-127.0.0.1 newCustomSoftphone login=chirpyadmin password=Peachb00th123 domain=peachbooth.sip.twilio.comoutboundProxy=peachbooth.sip.twilio.com port=5060 visibleName=chirpyadmin
09:19:07,172 INFO SipUserAgent - RMI TCP Connection(1441)-127.0.0.1 Create TCP and UDP listening points on 30011 this: SIP UA: login: chirpyadmin assignedPort: 30011 listeningPort: 30011
09:19:07,173 INFO PagerModeClient - RMI TCP Connection(1441)-127.0.0.1 No chat listener detected
09:19:07,177 INFO SipUserAgent - RMI TCP Connection(1441)-127.0.0.1 Init instance. Count: 12 this: SIP UA: login: chirpyadmin assignedPort: 30011 listeningPort: 30011
09:19:07,178 INFO ManagerApiConnection - RMI TCP Connection(1441)-127.0.0.1 Config for method ConnectionStatusEvent not found, using defaults

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Martin

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
Make sure you are using following parameters in your HTTP request:
Code:
Content-Type: application/json
Method: POST
Protocol: HTTP
Port: 9091
Example: http://host:9091/RESTCall/call
You can test this using Advanced REST Client
If it still does not work, please attach logs/flashphoner_manager.log and pcap file.
To get the pcap file, please do:
Code:
tcpdump -i lo port 9091 -s 4096 -w log.pcap

fromin

All 4 request parameters are correct. Attached is flashphoner_manager.log (with the passwords replaced by asterisks) and the log.pcap

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
log.pcap is empty
You have to start tcpdump before test and stop after the test.
flashphoner_manager.log is almost empty too
Please send full logs to logs@flashphoner.com
We can also check your server over SSH if you send us access details.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We have logged to default example in the dashboard
sip-as-rtmp-example.jpg

Then if you press 'Call' in Chrome browser, you can see the call in Chrome Developer tools

chrome-dev-tools-sip-rtmp.jpg

So it works correct without any errors on WCS end.
If you have any troubles, please make the same test using Advanced REST Client.
If it does not work for you, please provide a screen shot and pcap dump.

fromin

But how do I find out what the problem is when there's no error message? I'm trying to call rtmp://dev.peachbooth.com:1935/live instead and that doesn't work, but I don't receive any meaningful error message

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please read this thread
It seems it is the same case and it was resolved.
If it does not work for you please gather following logs:
Code:
WCS_HOME/logs/server_logs/flashphoner.log
WCS_HOME/logs/flashphoner_manager.log
WCS_HOME/logs/server-stdout.log
log.pcap
Please send these logs to logs@flashphoner.com. We will check.
The log.pcap should not be empty. Try
Code:
tcpdump -s 4096 -i lo -w log.pcap
to capture all local ports and HTTP requests
and
Code:
tcpdump -s 4096 -i any -w log.pcap
or
Code:
tcpdump udp -s 4096 -w log.pcap
to capture SIP and UDP streams.

fromin

Ok resolved now... I will probably have to ask other questions in new threads but thanks for now