Question on user creation/rights (should be able to create stream and view statistics via REST)?

Hello

-Version: 5.5.2-944 (Amazon AWS)
-WebSDK: 2.0.170

I am struggeling with the user management (read thorugh the docs but i am not understanding correctly), currently only the default user "admin" exists on the system.

What i need is a user "test" who can
-Login to the admin interface and create a stream
-Later when using the WebSDK, use this to login to the server and start a stream from a custom coded website inside an web-app
-Use the REST API for viewing statistics

Additional question:
-Can you limit a user to be able to only start a stream with a fixed name i.e. "test-stream"?

How can this be done?

Best,
Thomas

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please read this doc about users management.
You can create user to authorize REAT API queries (but not the statisctics page). Please read here how to enable REST API basic authetication.
-Later when using the WebSDK, use this to login to the server and start a stream from a custom coded website inside an web-app
-Can you limit a user to be able to only start a stream with a fixed name i.e. "test-stream"?
This can be done with REST hooks. Please read this step by step instruction to implement user authorization by domain. This example can be used as a base to implement and configure backend.

Ok i don't get it what i have to do, sorry

The question is if i create a new user "test"
-Can he then login to the webui and start a stream while the admin is also logged in and has a stream started (so having multiple streams on the "defaultApp")?
-Can he be used to query the REST API?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Ok i don't get it what i have to do, sorry
About REST hooks, please read this article. It describes REST hook /connect usage for ClickToCall application, but backend implementation is the same for any hooks.
-Can he then login to the webui and start a stream while the admin is also logged in and has a stream started (so having multiple streams on the "defaultApp")?
Yes
-Can he be used to query the REST API?
Yes