Replacing a mixer source

MM2 Mutlimedia

Hi Max,

Do you know if it's possible to use the mixer feature and replace an incoming source with another available incoming source? The API currently supports 2 API calls for adding and removing a stream source in the mixer. But I would like to replace an existing WebRTC stream using a single API call - without a black-out cut transition in between. Would that be possible somehow?

This way I could switch sources fullscreen smoothly.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We raised internal ticket WCS-2651 to investigate the possibility, but now there are more priority tasks.
Please clarify: do you wish to replace the main stream ("desktop") in desktop layout
1587694774591.png

or some participant stream in grid layout
1587694831482.png

?

MM2 Mutlimedia

Hi Max,

I would like to replace any participant by their remoteStreamName. So it's more applicable to the GridLayout I think.
Sometimes I just have a single participant in the mixer. A replace command would help me to keep control on what/who is visible in the mixer. This way I can switch between participants streamed to Youtube for example. The mixer then becomes more or less a switcher.

The command could look like this:

API url: /rest-api/mixer/replace
Body:
{
"uri": "mixer://mixer",
"replaceStreamName" : "lYoNfefe108bnws9ee2aen",
"newStreamName": "NSCNlYoNBbMenws9AABl"
}

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
In the latest WCS builds, you can use stream injection to replace one mixer input stream by another:
Code:
POST /rest-api/stream/inject/startup HTTP/1.1
HOST: localhost:8081
content-type: application/json

{
"localStreamName" : "lYoNfefe108bnws9ee2aen",
"remoteStreamName": "NSCNlYoNBbMenws9AABl"
}