The license does not cover SIP functions

ELTON GOMEZ

Hello,

I would like to purchase simple license for one server but i wanted to be sure when you mention
" The license does not cover SIP functions " on specifications, what do you mean?

We need to create simple click2call buttons for audio and video in different websites as clients.

How many calls can an instance handled with a AWS server?
How many channels are included on license?
How many sip endpoint can be connected to WCS?
How easy could be to develop a simple click2call button from a website (browser) to a sip uri (on our own sip proxy using VOIPSWITCH PLATFORM)? (Im not a developer but know how to run basic voip services and html5).

Thanks,

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
The license does not cover SIP functions on specifications, what do you mean?
This means the Simple license does not support SIP-related functions including click to call.
You can request a quote from here: https://flashphoner.com/webrtc-sip-gateway-enterprise-license
How many calls can an instance handled with a AWS server?
It depends on server configuration and used codecs. For example G.711-G.711 call can utilize 2% of 1 core CPU, but Opus-G.729 call can utilize 14% of 1 core CPU.
CPU core means physical core, not virtual. So you have to match physical and virtual cores on Amazon AWS if you plan AWS as server.
How many channels are included on license?
You need to set this parameter in the quote request.
How many sip endpoint can be connected to WCS?
Endpoints can't be connected to WCS, because WCS is connected to endpoints (PBX) as a client, not vice-versa.
How easy could be to develop a simple click2call button from a website (browser) to a sip uri
Simple click-to-call can be implemented very fast.
You can see our demo example:
https://wcs5-eu.flashphoner.com/client2/examples/demo/sip/click-to-call/click-to-call.html
However, authentication, routing to proper numbers, etc can take a time. It depends on developer experience.

ELTON GOMEZ

How to test this click2call?
https://wcs5-eu.flashphoner.com/client2/examples/demo/sip/click-to-call/click-to-call.html
I tried to enter SIP URI 573106960358@sip.enruta.co and is not working

Hello

This means the Simple license does not support SIP-related functions including click to call.
You can request a quote from here: https://flashphoner.com/webrtc-sip-gateway-enterprise-license

It depends on server configuration and used codecs. For example G.711-G.711 call can utilize 2% of 1 core CPU, but Opus-G.729 call can utilize 14% of 1 core CPU.
CPU core means physical core, not virtual. So you have to match physical and virtual cores on Amazon AWS if you plan AWS as server.

You need to set this parameter in the quote request.

Endpoints can't be connected to WCS, because WCS is connected to endpoints (PBX) as a client, not vice-versa.

Simple click-to-call can be implemented very fast.
You can see our demo example:
However, authentication, routing to proper numbers, etc can take a time. It depends on developer experience.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
For click-to-call, appropriate SIP credentials should be specified in the config
Code:
WCS_HOME/conf/apps/click-to-call/accounts.xml
So, such call could not be established using the demo server. Please use another server, e.g. with a trial license, for the tests.
Default accounts.xml has configuration example.

ELTON GOMEZ

How many SIP accounts can we add into that xml file?
Can we create many click2call buttons one for each SIP accounts?
As WCS acts as a SIP client (like when i setup an account using XLITE or any softphone), it means it can make/receive voice and video calls right?
If SIP funtions are not included in simple license, what is? what can we do with that license?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
How many SIP accounts can we add into that xml file?
It is not limited
Can we create many click2call buttons one for each SIP accounts?
Yes you can
As WCS acts as a SIP client (like when i setup an account using XLITE or any softphone), it means it can make/receive voice and video calls right?
Correct
If SIP funtions are not included in simple license, what is? what can we do with that license?
Please checkout main page https://flashphoner.com, you can see two blocks of features:
1. Streaming (RTSP, Broadcasting, Video Chat, Conference, RTMP Encoders, etc)
2. SIP (Web phone, Click to Call)
So without SIP you can just use streaming features.

ELTON GOMEZ

Good, thank you.

Lines 2
WebRTC browsers
Desktop Chrome, Desktop Firefox, Desktop Opera, Android Chrome, Android Firefox
Android SDK iOS SDK
Features
DTMF, VP8
In quotation you have LINES field, this means channels or concurrent calls?

Regarding simple vs enterprise im confused, sorry im not a developer, im project owner. We are looking for a webrtc server or api that allow us to create c2c buttons and provide them to our clients websites or custom apps. We already have a SIP PROXY SERVER in cloud (not asterisk but VoipSwitch) and with it we deliver SIP TRUNK services for inbound and outbound calling and termination to PSTN/GSM networks for companies and callcenters in Colombia.

We would like to integrate what we have with a webrtc platform in order to create click2call audio and video functions and be able to sell it to our current customer using those SIP TRUNKS they already have with us (almost all of them uses asterisk).

I understand that simple license includes streaming and entreprise license includes streaming and sip. And as i already have my own sip server, do i still need to get enterprise to develop c2c functionalities?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I understand that simple license includes streaming and entreprise license includes streaming and sip. And as i already have my own sip server, do i still need to get enterprise to develop c2c functionalities?
The simple license does not cover SIP functions. So you can't use SIP protocol with the simple license. Therefore it won't work with your sip server.
LINES field, this means channels or concurrent calls?
Line means 1 established call between browser (or mobile app) and SIP endpoint.
So if 10 browsers are in established state, it will be 10 lines.