Unable to start stream on Iphone Safari.

felix_aider

Hi :)

I'm having trouble with palying rtsp streams on web via Flapshphoner WebCallServer.
I tried both implementing my own player with flashphoner sdk and playing video via iframe player.

I was not able to play video on Iphone 12 mini, and Iphone 14 plus.
I didn't try other devices.

My current WebCallServer version is 5.2.1482.

Last edited:

felix_aider

I got new AMI instance and updated to the latest version.

Now I can play my video on MacOS safari browser, but it is still not working on iPhone.
The error message appeared though.
Before, there were no error message and loading circle just moving endlessly but now it says 'the WSPlayer MediaProvider is deprecated'.
Oh, and it is from embed_player iframe.

I figured it out that only native HLS player is available on IOS safari, and HLS.js, Video.js HLS player is available on Android chrome.
Which means, I couldn't find any common way to play my stream on mobile browsers :(

How should I play my stream on mobile devices?

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
WSPlayer was the cratch and is deprecated now. You can use WebRTC provider in Embed Player, for example
Code:
<iframe id='fp_embed_player' src='https://demo.flashphoner.com:8888/embed_player?urlServer=wss://demo.flashphoner.com:8443&streamName=test&mediaProviders=WebRTC' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0' frameborder='0' width='100%' height='100%' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen='allowfullscreen'></iframe>
WebRTC is supported in actual iOS versions (since iOS 12).
I figured it out that only native HLS player is available on IOS safari, and HLS.js, Video.js HLS player is available on Android chrome.
Yes, native HLS player works in Safari only. Some Android Chrome versions supported it earlier, but now not.
So you can use WebRTC or HLS on mobile devices. Use VideoJS 8 player, it supports native (iOS) or MSE-based HLS (other platforms) depending on environment detected. See VideoJS player exampe description: HLS VideoJS Player

felix_aider

I removed the MSE from mediaProviders in iframe src but it's still not working in IOS safari.
The loading circle is infinitely circling :(

felix_aider

After updating WCS, when playing video natively using HLS, the video is being cropped.
It seems that the video is larger than the video tag, and only the resolution matching the size of the video tag is being displayed. This issue was not present in previous versions.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
After updating WCS, when playing video natively using HLS, the video is being cropped.
We can't reproduce the issue with latest WCS build 5.2.2060 and WebSDK build 2.0.247, VideoJS Player minimal example using VideoJS 8 in iOS Safari 17.6.1
1724285968686.png

The stream picture is not cropped but scaled to the video tag size. The metrics displayed under the video tag shows an actual video stream resolution and playing framerate. Please check your stream metrics in this example.