WCS suddenly stopped running, cannot startup

The WCS is running fine, but suddenly, the service seems not running
checked using pgrep -afn com.flashphoner.server.Server

and i run sudo systemctl start webcallserver, nothing happened.
then i try to run in standalone mode:
./webcallserver start standalone, then it can start.

So why the service is not running suddenly, and why it cannot startup? Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please check the WCS logs: startup.log, server_logs/flashphoner.log. Also there may be error*.log files if WCS is crashed.
If the problem still persists, please provide SSH access to the server using this form.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like WCS has been stopped manually, or main process has been killed by kill `pgrep -fn com.flashphoner.server.Server` or something. The latest server log before we connected to the server ends with
1652932553373.png

We just restarted WCS by sudo systemctl restart webcallserver, and it is running now
1652932254125.png

1652932294490.png

The latest server log before we connected to the server ends with, what is the time it is shutdown?
Why i cannot startup the server, but you can? using sudo systemctl start webcallserver?

Also, it seems the datetime shown on log is not our local time?

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Why i cannot startup the server, but you can? using sudo systemctl start webcallserver?
We use systemctl restart command (see documentation here, for example). This is recommended way if the process was killed, but service is not stopped. So it is a prefferable way to restart WCS if you'are not sure you've stopped it before
Code:
sudo systemctl restart webcallserver
Also, it seems the datetime shown on log is not our local time?
This is a server date time. Seem like the server uses EDT:
1652936239136.png

1652936434399.png

You can use timedatectl command to set a proper timezone, see here for example
The latest server log before we connected to the server ends with, what is the time it is shutdown?
Seems like WCS process is stopped in May 13 04:24:58 EDT
1652937486729.png

We checked server logs. Since May 13 (and may be earlier) WCS can't connect to RTSP streamer:
1652937694129.png

The log is full of connection attempts. Perhaps it lead to memory problems, and WCS process was stopped.
Also, we recommend to get all the streams list by one /stream/find query and then parse it instead of spaming the server by subsequent queries per every stream.