Websocket connection error to demo server

JayD

I am running the demo files in localhost to try and understand how I can implement flashphoner service for my app but it doesn't seem to work. The demo that I am specifically using is the one for two way streaming and I was hoping to connect to flashphoner demo server but there seems to be an error 403 or Connection refused error thrown whenever I press the connect button. The url I used for connecting to the server is "wss://demo.flashphoner.com" and the error I received is as below. Any idea on what I've missed out on and is required to do to at least get the demo working?

Attachments

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

The demo server is no longer serving non demo.flashphoner.com domains.

To connect to the demo server for testing purpose you can set in the hosts file:
Code:
192.168.1.55 demo.flashphoner.com
Here 192.168.1.55 is LAN address of your web server

Linux
Code:
/etc/hosts
Windows
Code:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts on
Then open your testing page as
Code:
https://demo.flashphoner.com...

JayD

Hello,

I have done the above instruction, but my connection seems to get refused and when I don't specify a port I receive a 302 error. Please advice

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I have done the above instruction, but my connection seems to get refused
Seems like you're trying to connect to your webserver instead of demo.flashphoner.com.
You can try web application examples from demo web page.
The best solution is to deploy WCS instance on AWS EC2 from Marketplace AMI or on Digital Ocean from its Markeplace image. Then you can try WebSDK with your own instance without access limits.

JayD

Hi,
I've checked the web application examples, and am now hoping to be able to reproduce the example in my localhost (with xampp) before moving on to deploying WCS instance on AWS EC2. Is there currently no way for me to do so using the demo server?

JayD

I have found a solution to the issue , seems like the demo serves *.flashphoner.com domain, so the solution would be to change the host file to something else other than "demo" (e.g. 'test.flashphoner.com').

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I have found a solution to the issue , seems like the demo serves *.flashphoner.com domain, so the solution would be to change the host file to something else other than "demo" (e.g. 'test.flashphoner.com').
Yes, this can be applied for testing purposes.
But, however, demo server should not be used in production.