use multiple Ip

hyuk

Is there a way to enter multiple IPs in flashphoner properties?
There are two relay servers, so it has more than two IPs.

ex) ip=192.168.1.2/192.168.1.3

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
You can setup a domain name, e.g. relay.myhost.mydomain, which should be resolved to one or another IP address (DNS balancer). Then use the domain name in ip parameter:
Code:
ip=relay.myhost.mydomain

hyuk

I set the domain corresponding to the IP in the hosts file, added the domain to flashphoner properties, and restarted, and the IP returned to the previous settings. What's the problem?
The flashphoner version is 5.2.945.
(There seems to be no problem on servers using 5.2.1665.)

add ::
Even if you upgrade to 5.2.2021, the problem seems to occur.
I think it's because it's only for AWS, but is there a solution?

On one of the three servers (the actual server), it(5.2.1665) was possible to enter the domain into the IP. However, for two servers (one AWS subscription type(5.2.2021, 5.2.945) and one AWS installation type (5.2.882)), if you entered the domain, the IP automatically changed when restarted.

Is there a solution?

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I set the domain corresponding to the IP in the hosts file, added the domain to flashphoner properties, and restarted, and the IP returned to the previous settings. What's the problem?
In AWS and other clouds providing AWS-like API, WCS automatically detects a current IP address of the instance because it may change on every instance launch. You may prevent IP changing with the option
Code:
hold_ip_settings=true