Audio Only Streams

Azhar Ali

Hi,

I would to discuss what would be most optimal settings for audio only streams? We are looking to develop a radio broadcasting service but getting between 3-4 seconds delay on it. Is there anyway to optimize that so we get less than a second latency?

Our server is configured to have HD video streaming which also have 3 seconds delay. I was hoping to have less latency for audio only streams as there is no video processing.

Any idea?

Azhar Ali

Hi Max,

Thank you for the input. I had a look and something I should have mentioned that I was building this using the roomAPI and I can't seem to find a way to send the constraints when you get the streams from the participants. Each room would be a station in the radio and people will join and leave.
I have set the constraints on the publisher side for the video to false and audio to true. Latency is coming to 3-4 seconds.

I have checked the audio stats from the stream object and I only get audio stats and there is no video stats object.
Any help?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
You can set constraints for publishing media in chat room here, see Conference example on GitHub:
Code:
    var constraints = {
        audio: true,
        video: false
    };
In this case, audio only is published, so you can check audio stats object only.
Please update to latest WCS build from this page and check the latency. If the issue still persists. please collect a report as described here and send to support@flashphoner.com. We will check.