Black screen during the streaming

Romiar

Hi Support,
i have the following problem with my stream:
I have a flux with multiple videos that has been reproduced one by one.
We have a server that reproduces the flux in udp, pass to wowza that transform it in RTSP and from here to flashphoner to reproduce in a browser.
With Firefox, EDGE we have no problems, but with chrome if i set keep_alive.algorithm = HIGH_LEVEL after 2-3 mins the stream freeze to one single frame, without error in any application. Only after a refresh it is restart to work but after some minutes, problem is again present.
If i set keep_alive.algorithm = NONE, stream never freeze ad in HIGH_LEVEL but sometimes i see a black frame for a while.
I attach the server log of this last case. From the logs i see that the server receive a disconnect request.
We have the last version available of flashphoner.
Can you help to troubleshoot the problem?

Best Regards

Attachments

Romiar

Hello,

In this case, does the stream playback fail, or just video freezes?
Please try playing such an RTSP in Chrome in a player on the demo server.
If the issue is reproduced, please send network traffic dump of such playback on your server to support@flashphoner.com.

Hi,
thank you for the response.
With keep_alive.algorithm = HIGH_LEVEL, we have just a video freezes but i see network traffic in wowza and flashphoner, no errors or something else.
We have just tried your player with this flux, but we have same problem...freezes!
Dump sent!

Best Regards

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
RTSP stream cannot be restored from your dumps. As we can see, your stream is not public. Please, give us access to your stream, our engineers will reproduce the problem on our servers to debug and find solution.

Romiar

Hi Max,
in order to access on our stream, i need to have your ip address to put it in blacklist.
Can you send me it in a private message?
BR

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
Try to set
Code:
rtp_force_synchronization=true
in WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties
and restart WCS server
Code:
service webcallserver restart
It should fix the black screen issue.

Romiar

Hi Max.

We have tried your solution but nothing.
Always black screen with keep_alive.algorithm = NONE and freeze with keep_alive.algorithm = HIGH_LEVEL
Nothing is changed

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Your stream works good on our testing WCS server.
If it does not work on your server, please provide ssh access. We will check.
You can send ssh details to support@flashphoner.com
upload_2018-9-10_22-46-58.png

Romiar

Hi max.

Now it is very strange. The problem occur only on chrome and windows 10. i tried also with chrome and windows 7 and it works perfect.
Any idea?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
What is version of Chrome browser on Windows 10?
Try to update to the latest one.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome.
Chrome version may not support H.264 profile of your stream.
You can try to enable video transcoding for all streams on server side:
Code:
disable_streaming_proxy=true
However it will utilize CPU cores.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We reproduced freeze while playing stream via WebRTC. With MSE your stream works good. So we recommend to play it via MSE, for example
Code:
https://your-wcs-server:8888/client2/examples/demo/streaming/player/player.html?mediaProvider=MSE
We also recommend you to enable audio track in your stream, if it is possible, or to modify player script for playing it as video only:
Code:
function playStream(session) {
    var streamName = $('#streamName').val();
    var options = {
        name: streamName,
        display: remoteVideo,
        flashShowFullScreenButton: true,
        constraints: {audio:false, video:true}
    };

Last edited:

Romiar

Hi Max.
We are testing the stream with MSE and now no eternal freeze appear, but the stream it's not really good. we have random little freeze when we reproduce our flux.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We recommended to use MSE as temporary solution. We collect traffic dump of your stream to find any possible reason of freezes, internal case number WCS-1468, and we let you know when we find something.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
We have tested your stream and found workaround to play it without freezes and artefacts. Please update to the latest version from this page and set the following parameters in WCS_HOME/conf/flashphoner.properties file
Code:
decoder_priority=OPENH264
encoder_priority=OPENH264
disable_streaming_proxy=true

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We fixed the issue with this stream in build 5.1.3543 and later. Now, it will play without freezes and artefacts, and no need transcoding any more. You can revert configuration changes that we recommended in this post after update.