CDN edge/origins distribution question

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
The article describes how to configure static CDN 1.0 based on load balancer function. We recommend you to use dynamic CDN 2.0 which allows to configure and manage CDN servers more flexibly. And yes, it supports any number of origins. CDN 2.0 is described in details in this doc.

Costel

I have did step by step and works ok but I have a small issue.
I have set cdn_nodes_resolve_ip to true but when I go and hit from cli show cdn-nodes, instead of seeing like this:
IIp State
---------------------------------
edge1.flashphoner.com ACTIVE
edge2.flashphoner.com ACTIVE
origin2.flashphoner.com PASSIVE

I see
IIp State
---------------------------------
172.25.0.1 ACTIVE
172.25.0.2 ACTIVE
172.25.0.3 PASSIVE

So I am seeing the IP's instead of domains. Can I force somehow to use the domains? We have complex network setup and sometimes discovers internal IP instead of external IP and not all the servers are able to comunicate to each other through internal IP.

Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
You should set hostname to those options:
Code:
cdn_ip=hostname
cdn_point_of_entry=hostname
and set this option to true
Code:
cdn_nodes_resolve_ip=true
All the host names should be resolvable from any CDN node.
Then, WCS will display host names in show cdn-nodes and show cdn-routes commands

Costel

Hi Max,
We have verified and we have the right configuration. Still, when we hit show cdn-nodes we see ip's in the list. Our problem is that we have 2 servers in EU and 2 in US. The servers in Europe have their own internal network, and the ones in the US, their own as well. Somehow, we are seeing the internal IP's in the show cdn-nodes which is not ok for us as the servers from EU can't reach the servers from US by internal IP.
Please advise.