Creating Custom Mixer Layout

Discussion in 'Web Call Server 5' started by MM2 Mutlimedia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. MM2 Mutlimedia

MM2 Mutlimedia New Member

I would like to create a custom mixer layout using the instructions on the following page:
    https://docs.flashphoner.com/displa...Streammixer-Mixeroutputstreamlayoutmanagement
    The instructions said to run this line:
    javac -cp/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/lib/tbs-flashphoner.jar ./com/flashphoner/mixerlayout/mylayout.java

But tbs-flashphoner.jar does not exist in my /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/lib folder.

When I run the command, the following error appears:
    programLayout.java:3: error: package com.flashphoner.sdk.media does not exist

1) Should tbs-flashphoner.jar be in the lib folder? How can I get it there?
    2) If I fix the tbs-flashphoner.jar issue, will it also fix the missing com.flashphoner.sdk.media package?

Thank you!
  2. MM2 Mutlimedia

I see the FP team has changed the documentation from:
    javac -cp/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/lib/tbs-flashphoner.jar ./com/flashphoner/mixerlayout/TestLayout.java
    to:
    javac -cp/usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/lib/wcs-core.jar ./com/flashphoner/mixerlayout/TestLayout.java

This works fine now!
    Many thanks you for the quick change.
  3. MM2 Mutlimedia

One more question regarding this topic.
    The documentation in https://docs.flashphoner.com/displa...Streammixer-Mixeroutputstreamlayoutmanagement mentioned to set the following parameter in flashphoner.properties:
    mixer_layout_class=com.flashphoner.mixerlayout.myLayout

But when I initiate a mixer the flashphoner.log shows this error:
    ERROR A - HTTPS-pool-4-thread-2 Can't load class com.flashphoner.mixerlayout.myLayout

These work good:
    • mixer_layout_class=com.flashphoner.media.mixer.video.presentation.GridLayout
    • mixer_layout_class=com.flashphoner.media.mixer.video.presentation.CenterNoPaddingGridLayout
    It looks like the class reference for custom templates in flashphoner.properties isn't correct.

This is myLayout.java file:

Code:
    package com.flashphoner.mixerlayout;
    import com.flashphoner.sdk.media.IVideoMixerLayout;
    import com.flashphoner.sdk.media.YUVFrame;
    import java.awt.*;
    import java.util.ArrayList;
    public class myLayout implements IVideoMixerLayout {
        private static final int PADDING = 5;
        @Override
        public Layout[] computeLayout(YUVFrame[] yuvFrames, String[] strings, int canvasWidth, int canvasHeight) {
            ArrayList<IVideoMixerLayout.Layout> layout = new ArrayList<>();
            for (int c = 0; c < yuvFrames.length; c++) {
                Point prevPoint = new Point();
                Dimension prevDimension = new Dimension(canvasWidth, canvasHeight);
                if (layout.size() > 0) {
                    prevPoint.setLocation(layout.get(c-1).getPoint());
                    prevDimension.setSize(layout.get(c-1).getDimension());
                }
                Point currentPoint = new Point((int) (prevPoint.getX()+prevDimension.getWidth()+PADDING),
                                               (int)(prevPoint.getY()+prevDimension.getHeight()));
                layout.add(new IVideoMixerLayout.Layout(currentPoint, new Dimension(canvasWidth/yuvFrames.length,
                                                        canvasHeight/yuvFrames.length), yuvFrames[c]));
            }
            return layout.toArray(new IVideoMixerLayout.Layout[layout.size()]);
        }
    }
    Thanks in advance!
  4. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

Good day.
    We checked your mixer layout sample build by this manual, and it was correctly loaded. Please check if you copied mylayout.jar to /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/lib
    Code:
    cp mylayout.jar /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/lib
    Please note that there are the mixer tickets WCS-2419 and WCS-2490 we're working on.