Delay after 3 hour

heini

I use a reolink camera (RLC-822A) via RTSP. When I first start the stream in the morning, everything is in realtime. After the stream runs a couple of hours it gets a really big delay.

I integrated the stream in the browser with the player. There are multiple pcs in our local network which uses the stream.
If I reload the stream on the browser, it keeps the delay.

Does anyone has an idea how I can remove this delay? It doesnt happen with other cameras :(

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please update WCS to the latest build 5.2.1421. Check if the problem is reproducing. If yes, try to stop the stream using REST API
Code:
POST /rest-api/rtsp/terminate HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8081
Content-Type: application/json

{
    "uri":"rtsp://your_camera_url"
}
and then start again
Code:
POST /rest-api/rtsp/startup HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8081
Content-Type: application/json

{
    "uri": "rtsp://your_camera_url"
}
Is the delay keeping after stream restart?
If yes, it seems to be a camera issue, and you should check the camera settings.
If no, please provide RTSP URL using this form, we will check. The camera should be available 24/7.

heini

This sounds like a great hint, but sadly I get a strange error while calling the API

Code:
"exception":"com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.NotFoundException",
"reason":"com.flashphoner.rest.server.exception.NotFoundException, Not Found, RtspAgent not found by uri: rtsp://user:pass@192.168.0.21:554/h265Preview_01_main, ts: 1664875892341, path: /rest-api/rtsp/terminate",
path":"/rest-api/rtsp/terminate",
"error":"Not Found",
"message":"RtspAgent not found by uri: rtsp://user:pass@192.168.0.21:554/h265Preview_01_main",
"timestamp":1664875892341,
"status":404
Do you know what the error could be?
(The same error happens when I dont use user : pass)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please find the stream using /rtsp/find_all query, then stop it using /rtsp/terminate.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Played the RTSP stream on WCS for more than three hours. Delay is up to five seconds in the first few seconds and then does not increase with time. In VLC, the delay is about the same.
There is an issue with the stream: unsync value is constantly growing. Please let know whether there is delay or unsync when the stream is played not from WCS, e.g. in VLC.

heini

The error on our site is completly else. I cant see an unsync - either in flashphoner nor in VLC.
There is no delay when I start the stream. Its all realtime. But the longer the stream runs the bigger the delay will be.

I tried it with all the new Reolink cameras. Out of 8 cameras 7 have the same problem. One runs in realtime even after 12hour.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The error on our site is completly else. I cant see an unsync - either in flashphoner nor in VLC.
Please check the streams_synchronization value on WCS statistics page http://wcs:8081/?action=stat. If this value is constantly growing for the camera, try to set the following parameters in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/conf/flashphoner.properties file
Code:
audio_incoming_buffer_size=100
video_incoming_buffer_size=100
If this does not help, please check the camera setup. You can also disable audio track at camera side at all if you don't need it.