Failed by RTP activity

bogdan.chaiun

Hi everyone, i had a problem with such error "Failed by RTP activity" seems like FlashPhoner send to our back end 2 events every minnutes with this error, and i do not know how a can stop this. Could you help me?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Failed by RTP activity is just a reason phrase describing why the stream was stopped.

StreamStatusEvent
- Failed by RTP activity

You have two options:

Option 1. Disable RTP activity.

rtp_activity_audio=false
rtp_activity_video=false

Option 2. Remove REST method StreamStatusEvent if this method is not used on your back-end.

Code:
remove app-rest-method defaultApp StreamStatusEvent

Max

Administrator
Staff member
RTP activity timer is checking if no audio or no video on the stream. So if you work with audio only or video-only streams, this timer can be fire.

bogdan.chaiun

but why are we getting so many error messages? every minute for the same user? is it ok?

We use audio and video.
The problem is that it seems that this all happens only for 1 user, who once latched and left the stream, and now we get an error every minute with the status Failed by RTP activity and the FILED error

Max

Administrator
Staff member
but why are we getting so many error messages? every minute for the same user? is it ok?
Seems like this clients browser does not send media packets. In this case, the stream publishing will stop after 60 seconds of inactivity.
This can be clients browser issue or channel issue. Some MacOS Safari builds, for example, cannot publish 4:3 aspect ratio (640x480) with the same symptom (no video packets are sent), but can publish 16:9 (640x360).
So please check the clients browser and channel.
If the problem still persists, please collect a report as described here including client debug logs and traffic dump (the traffic dump collection should be started before stream publishing), and send using this form.

bogdan.chaiun

At the moment, it is impossible to reproduce the error, and the user for whom this error appeared now does not start the stream, but the error from the FLASHPHONER continues to come