Flashphoner as server for internal calls

Corrado

We need to talk from a webpage to a raspberry, would it be possible to do it using webcallserver? Maybe using it as an internal gateway without a sip server. If so is there any docs around?

thanks,

Corrado

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We don't have native clients for raspberry.

Perhaps you can run headless chrome on raspberry device and capture cam or play a stream from WCS server. But we never tested headless chrome on raspberry. Though headless chrome works fine on Linux. We use it for load tests https://flashphoner.com/comparing-load-testing-methods/
As you can see from the article, headless chrome operates exactly as UI Chrome.

Corrado

Maybe i haven't been clear in my previous post, we only need voice NOT video, so maybe we could setup webcallserver to act as a sip just for internal calls of users attache to our internal vpn network. This way it would be easy to have a sip software working on a raspberry.
Basicly we need to be able to talk from a webpage to a rasperry with 4G (server and raspberry are on same vpn so no networks probs).

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe i haven't been clear in my previous post, we only need voice NOT video, so maybe we could setup webcallserver to act as a sip just for internal calls of users attache to our internal vpn network. This way it would be easy to have a sip software working on a raspberry.
WCS is not a SIP server, it is a WebRTC-SIP gateway server. So you need a standalone SIP PBX (OpenSIPS, Asterix etc). In this case:
1. Raspberry client makes a SIP call (using some native SIP softphone) to a SIP conference arranged on SIP PBX
2. Web clients make a SIP calls in browser using WCS to the same SIP conference
3. All the participants talk to each other.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
This parameter is marked as not in use. We raised the ticket WCS-3134 to check if this function still working. Let you know results here.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We fixed SIP calls without a SIP server in build 5.2.929. Please update and check. We also actualized the documentation, see here