Flashphoner service stops listening

Thomas Baun

I have seen the same problem on several Centos 7 servers:
The flashphoner service randomly stops listening on the designated port and I have to manually restart the service.
I do not know it is related, but one of the last entries I found in the logs before it happened this last time, was in the client_log "AbstractWCSClient - main Create custom Softphone instance for sipLogin"

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello

Please check logs:

1. System logs
Code:
/var/log/messages
2. Crash logs.
Code:
error-PID.log in /usr/local/FlashphonerWebCallServer/logs
3. Make sure server process is not running
Code:
ps aux | grep java
Send found logs to support@flashphoner.com
We will check.

If server process is not running, it can be a crash caused by Out Of Memory issue or transcoding errors.
If you provide SSH access we will check server configuration and additional logs. What is your server version? If it is old version, try to update to the latest one.
https://docs.flashphoner.com/display/WCS52EN/Release+notes

Thomas Baun

Thank you. Sorry for not getting back before. We just experienced the phenomon again this evening. It seems that the scope udp ports 30000-31000 was used up. Which is a bit odd because no more than 20 streams have been active at the same time today. The process was running according to ps aux, no error-PID.log showed up and no odd stuff in /var/log/messages.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
It seems that the scope udp ports 30000-31000 was used up. Which is a bit odd because no more than 20 streams have been active at the same time today.
The media ports are used both for publishing and playback, 2 ports per one stream. So you can have 20 streamers and 200 subscribers to exaust ports range. You can see free ports on statistics page http://WCS:8081/?action=stat, for example
Code:
-----Connection Stats-----
connections=0
connections_rtmfp=0
connections_websocket=0
connections_hls=0
-----Port Stats-----
ports_media_free=19999
ports_media_busy=0
ports_media_quarantine=0
Please expand ports range in flashphoner.properties file, for example
Code:
media_port_from=20001
media_port_to=40000
If this does not help, please collect a report as described here and send to support@flashphoner.com, we will check. You can also provide us SSH access to your WCS server to check inplace.