Flashphoner with ReactJS

Srdjan

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate flashphoner player example with ReactJS. The way I tried is by loading flashphoner.js script in <head/> and then in Player Component HTML is being rendered. In componentDidMount method, Flashphoner.init() and start() functions are being called. However an error is returned from flashphoner.js: "this.trigger is not a function" - called from stream.play().

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Please provide minimum sample source code of your project, we will check it. Also try building WebSDK (JavaScript API) from sources. Procedure is described in details in the documentation.

Srdjan

Hi,

Here is the minimal sample code. If you need real source code/files let me know.

Code:
class Player extends React.Component {
  componentDidMount() {
     Flashphoner.init();
     // create session
     // create stream
     stream.play();
  }
  render () {
    <div id="player"></div>
  }
}

const App = () => (
  <Head>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="flashphoner.js></script>
  </Head>
  <Player/>
);

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Thank you for providing the information. We will check and let you know in this topic.

sulphur

Hi @Max, I've stumbled on the same error. WebRTC and WSPlayer work fine. However, with MSE I have the same error. In order to use MSE I need to build the flashphoner.js file from the source?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Max, I've stumbled on the same error. WebRTC and WSPlayer work fine. However, with MSE I have the same error. In order to use MSE I need to build the flashphoner.js file from the source?
Please clarify:
- do you build WebSDK from sources as described here, or using pre-build flashphoner.js downloaded from this page?
- what example application (Player, Embed Player, ...) do you use for testing?
Please also note that MSE does not work in iOS Safari.

sulphur

I use the latest js downloaded from releases page I use the basic player example for testing. Basically, I followed the player example and stripped it down to the parts that I need and removed the "buttons". And I test it in Google Chrome Desktop. What I don't understand is that the example player works fine when I test from my WCS demos page. So it must be something I do wrong.

sulphur

so basically error i have is here as on the image. And "this" is undefined. and the "error" and the error seems to be some kind of provider error. I will try to debug it a little but more soon.

1608194498651.png
Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 09.37.39.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please clarify: is MSE working in Player example out of the box? If yes, please modify it to reproduce the issue and send us with this private form, we will check.

rin

Hi Max, I am in same situation. Is there a solution or workaround for the "this .trigger is not function" issue?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Max, I am in same situation. Is there a solution or workaround for the "this .trigger is not function" issue?
Please check if MSE working in Player example out of the box. If yes, please modify it to reproduce the issue and send us with this private form, we will check.

vk007

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate flashphoner player example with ReactJS. The way I tried is by loading flashphoner.js script in <head/> and then in Player Component HTML is being rendered. In componentDidMount method, Flashphoner.init() and start() functions are being called. However an error is returned from flashphoner.js: "this.trigger is not a function" - called from stream.play().

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi @Srdjan, did u able to implement flashphoner player with ReactJS? I need help on this