For streaming is that mandatory to set setLocalRenderer on Android.

findcode19842016

Hello,

I am wondering is that mandatory to set setLocalRenderer on Android.
sessionOptions.setLocalRenderer(localRender);

I downloaded screen share from the sample and then compiled and run. It published only audio. Could anyone assist me with this?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Yes, it is mandatory to set local renderer to capture video in Android SDK. Before picture is sent to server, it must be drawn on surface.
We tested Screen Sharing example application with the latest Android SDK 1.1 build 1.1.0.17, it seems to be working.

findcode19842016

Thank you Max for your prompt suggestion however, I still got stuck in the middle as:

- com.flashphoner.fpwcsapi.layout.PercentFrameLayout and org.webrtc.SurfaceViewRenderer remain black
- It published only audio (maybe due to the black render)

What could be the possible reason and please advise how to fix that?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
What could be the possible reason and please advise how to fix that?
Please check if you downloaded latest Android SDK library 1.1.0.17 and build examples according to this manual. Then, test Screen Sharing example out of the box, without modification.
Please note that Android SDK 1.1 works only on Adroid 9 and newer (due to WebRTC library used).
Also check if you allowed permissions while running application.
If the problem is reproducing in Screen Sharing example without source code modification, please clarify what device and Android OS is used for testing, we'll try to reproduce the issue.
If not, modify the source code minimally to reproduce the issue and provide it using this private form