getRecordInfo returns null

Azhar Ali

Hi,
I updated the version couple of days ago to the latest build 5.2.214, I not completely sure which version I was on before but I updated it couple of days before 14th May. so around 5.2.124.

We use to collect the recorded filename on the callback of of publishing event (STREAM_STATUS.PUBLISHING) when the broadcaster starts streaming. e.g
publishStream.getRecordInfo()
Since the update, it returns null now before it use to record the filename of the recorded file.

However, if you call the above function on event (STREAM_STATUS.UNPUBLISHED) then it does return the recorded filename.

We require the recorded filename to store in our database as soon as the event starts so that if in any case browser crashes, we can keep the track of what was recorded before that.

Any idea?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
The stream recording was strongly refactored in the latest builds to improve server perfomance and stability. So now the recording file name is exactly known after stream publishing is stopped and stream is recorded.
You can set up recording file name template to contain the parameters that can be known after stream startup ({streamName}-{mediaSessionId} for example). All the actual ways to know recording file name are described here.