How to change the default wss port

luke-vieple

Hi there,
I am currently setting up a trial server of flashphoner to verify whether or not this product is meeting the requirement of our company.
I have created a server instance by using AWS marketplace AMI Web Call Server 5, version 5.1.3777. The license I am using is a trial one.
During the setup, I would like to change the wss default port from 8443 to 443, but it is not working.
What I have done is changing the values of wss.port to 443 in the config file server.properties.
If anyone can help me with this, that would be very appreciated.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
The server.properties file does not used any more in WCS 5.1 and 5.2, please see this doc.
You should set
Code:
wss.port=443
to flashphoner.properties file.

luke-vieple

Hi, I have another question about concurrent connections.
Our current media server claim it can support up to 100 video streaming at the same time.
I was wondering what ec2 instance type I should use to launch the flashphoner server.
Thanks in advance.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
To estimate resource requirements, please clarify the following:
1. How much streams published you need?
2. How much subsribers?

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
A common recommendation for EC2 instances is to select an instance with 32 Gb RAM and 10Gb network, for example c4.8xlarge

luke-vieple

To estimate resource requirements, please clarify the following:
1. How much streams published you need?
2. How much subsribers?
Our solution is just for video recording streaming, so I would say no subscribers.
For concurrent streaming, our statistic shows maximum is about 30 at the moment. However, we are expecting a 30% growth every year in the business. In the next two years time, I would hope the server can support 50 concurrent streaming. If you can advise the most suitable instance type to me, that would be very appreciated.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
In your case the following recommendations is meaningful:
1) More RAM is better
2) While recording a stream, transcoding may be enabled depending on incoming stream codecs, so more CPU cores is better
So, c4.4xlarge or c4.8xlarge should be enough.