How to sync audio/video in RTSP output?

Hello Support Team,
We are using the RTSP output settings for play, recording and restreaming, but the RTSP output to be used for recording and restreaming is not audio-video synchronized. There is a video delay related with audio.
How can we solve this issue?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
What is your server version? We had similar audio+video synchronization issues in previous versions of server. It should be fixed now.
Please try to install latest available builds.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We will check it in our environment. Our latest tests were using VLC.
Could you describe your test step-by-step? What software you are using for stream playback?

Yes. We are using VLC for stream playback and ffmpeg for recording. Both have same delay issues. WebRTC playback works fine.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We are able to reproduce it now. In our tests voice goes little ahead of video in the VLC player.
I'll update this thread once we have any news about this issue.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The feature WebRTC as RTSP is not so popular. So we did not have a chance to investigate it due our internal schedule.
I believe we will able to do it bit later. Maybe when the issue will collect some votes or when we will have a window in our schedule. If we have a progress here, I will update the thread.

Regarding the second issue related Audio Call and Answer with Video.
We have investigated it and partially fixed. However we have released that it does not work properly with latest Firefox browser due Firefox WebRTC bug.

When Firefox receives SDP with sendrecv in audio and video sections but does not have video, audio will not play. So in the case when we make an audio call (audio=sendrecv, video=sendrecv to be able to answer with video), and then answer with audio only (simple audio call), caller does not receive video and Firefox does not play audio. Therefore simple audio - audio case is broken.

We are going to continue this investigation when Firefox with session re-negotiation fixes will be released. Currently we recommend answer without audio to audio calls and anwer with video to video calls.

I really need this feature working properly because it is not usable as it is now because the audio is not in synce with the video. If it is not to much $$$, I would even willing to pay a fee if you could fix it for me now. How much would you charge me to fix this bug for me as it is important to me that is works properly as I cannot use flashphoner for the purpose that I bought it for which is to record videos directly from a browser and without this feature flashphoner is not useful for me. I cannot imagine that this would not be important to other people as well. Please let me know how much $$$ you would want me to pay to move this bug up on your schedule.

Thanks

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Only way to speed this up is to purchase a corresponding Enterprise license. We guarantee work of all features within the Enterprise license and we fix issues ASAP.
But I'm afraid it does not fit your requirements 'it is not to much $$$'.
Anyway ,we will have a window after a couple of weeks, around June 1-th, maybe earlier. We would glad to help and fix the issue then.

For sure I will have to wait on this for you to fix it around June 1st as FOR SURE the Enterprise license is not in our price range. I will be waiting as suggesting for the next couple of weeks as we are not ready to use this yet and waiting is not a problem.

THANK YOU!!!!!