If the network is disconnected during video transmission

KimSy

Hi,

During video transmission, data may not come to the server due to unexpected circumstances such as the network.
At this time, when I try find_all with restapi, the stream seems to disappear after about 60 seconds. Is that right ?
If yes, is there any way to reduce that time?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
At this time, when I try find_all with restapi, the stream seems to disappear after about 60 seconds. Is that right ?
Yes, stream publishing may fail if RTP data are not received in 60 seconds by default. In this case, there should be message Failed by video RTP activity in server logs. The timeout is set by the following parameter:
Code:
rtp_activity_timeout=60
Set this parameter in seconds to reduce the time. Read this doc for details: Audio and video tracks activity checking

KimSy

Thank you for answer.
I tested it, but why doesn't it work?
I added rtp_activity_timeout=10 to flashphoner.properties
If you do find-all in restapi 10 seconds after the network is disconnected, shouldn't the stream be gone?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please clarify how do you publish a stream. Check the server logs for Failed by video RTP activity message. Is it appear for the stream?
Also please clarify how do you test a network issues: closing the media port, breaking the physical connection etc?
Then collect a report as described here using report.sh script and send using this form