Invalid Constraint when publishing stream, Safari 12.1

Taylor

Hi

I have been testing stream recordings across various browsers to confirm they're working and found that an error is thrown when trying to publish a stream on Safari (12.1):
OverconstrainedError: {message: "Invalid constraint", constraint: "width"}

It turns out this this occurs when trying to call: navigator.getUserMedia(constraints)

When passing through the width and height constraints for the video, Safari kicks back if the width or height aren't exact numeric data types, for example:
  • getUserMedia({video: {width: {min:320, max:320}, height: {min:240, max:240}}}) - Fails on Safari, but works fine on Chrome.
  • getUserMedia({video: {width:320, height:240}}) - Works fine on both Safari and Chrome.

The reason I bring this up is is because when creating a stream through the Flashphoner API, I set the video constraints to be {width: 320, height: 240} but by the time it reaches the point where it calls getUserMedia(), the constraints are changed to have the 'min' and 'max' properties and thus throws an error.

I would like to know if there's any way to stop the constraints from being overridden and having the 'min' and 'max' properties on it?

Cheers,
Taylor

Taylor

Hi Max

Thanks for the reply. Replaced the WebSDK with the build in the link above and Safari now works as intended.

Cheers,
Taylor

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
We have submitted latest WCS build to Amazon, hope it will be updated soon.
You can always download latest WebSDK build from this page.

SLM

Good day.
We have submitted latest WCS build to Amazon, hope it will be updated soon.
You can always download latest WebSDK build from this page.
How do I update an EC2 Flashphoner instance to the latest version? Entering sudo service webcallserver check_update returns:
>>> You have latest version: 5.2.58
But when I check Marketplace it says current version is 5.2.108

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
You can update WCS to latest version from this page by downloading and installing new version over previous one as described here