License activation error on WCS 5.1.

tbr666

I have installed the latest version of WCS and tried to activate the license via the web interface on https://localhost:8888 and I got the following error:

License activation error
Lookup of RMI stub failed; nested exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

What could be the cause of this issue?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
Do you make sure that server process started as described here?
Is RAM enough on your server to start WCS?
Try to activate WCS license with command line as described here.

tbr666

Hello,
the server starts and the amount of RAM I have on my server is enough (4 GB RAM).
The activation of license with the command line is successfully, but for some reason even after I restart the server, clear browser cache and access https://localhost:8888 the browser still shows there is no license and once I try to enter the license in browser it displays the same error.
On the other hand, running activation.sh again detects the license I previously entered with that script and only offers me an option to deactivate it.

tbr666

Hello,
I have sent you the credentials on your email with this thread name and my username in the subject. Please let me know when you find some potential issues. Flashphoner home directory is /usr/local/FlashphonerWebcallServer.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We checked.
WCS server core cannot start because it is running with permission that is not enough to create pid file:
/var/run/FlashphonerMainWebCallServer.pid: Permission denied
So you have to set access rights corectly for server to start, or run it with root privileges.

tbr666

I am always using "sudo service webcallserver start" command while starting the service. Then I'm prompted to enter the password of this user. This password is the same as SSH access password I sent you.

tbr666

Hello,
I have started web call server standalone with root privileges and I got the following error:

FlashphonerWebCallServer: startingListening for transport dt_socket at address: 4000
Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.net.MalformedURLException: Local host name unknown: java.net.UnknownHostException: northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com: northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com: Name or service not known
sun.management.AgentConfigurationError: java.net.MalformedURLException: Local host name unknown: java.net.UnknownHostException: northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com: northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com: Name or service not known
at sun.management.jmxremote.ConnectorBootstrap.startRemoteConnectorServer(ConnectorBootstrap.java:480)
at sun.management.Agent.startAgent(Agent.java:262)
at sun.management.Agent.startAgent(Agent.java:452)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: Local host name unknown: java.net.UnknownHostException: northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com: northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com: Name or service not known
at javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL.<init>(JMXServiceURL.java:289)
at javax.management.remote.JMXServiceURL.<init>(JMXServiceURL.java:253)
at sun.management.jmxremote.ConnectorBootstrap.exportMBeanServer(ConnectorBootstrap.java:739)
at sun.management.jmxremote.ConnectorBootstrap.startRemoteConnectorServer(ConnectorBootstrap.java:468)
... 2 more

Max

Administrator
Staff member
This error message means that your server host name cannot be resolved:
ping northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com
ping: northamerica1.streaming.cumnsee.com: Name or service not known
But the server hostname must be resolved, see requirements here. You should correct /etc/hosts file, or set up your local DNS, or something.
WCS itself is installed correctly, as we see. It should start properly when you correct hostname resolution/ We recommend you to check requirements and prerequisites one more time

tbr666

I have added an entry to my /etc/localhost file and I managed to activate the license and set up a server certificate.
However, adding or editing apps and rest methods according to this link doesn't work:
https://flashphoner.com/docs/wcs5/w...thods/index.html?controlling_rest_methods.htm
After entering the command
ssh -p 2000 admin@localhost
I am prompted to enter a password and I successfully log in a shell using that password, but when I try to enter the command
show apps
the command is not found.
Also, running help command only shows some standard shell commands, not any commands suggested on this link.
While I was using WCS5 several months ago this documentation worked.
Can you send me the link of the updated documentation for WCS 5.1. or check what could be the problem?
Also, is using WCS on clientside by Javascript different than WCS 5.0.? Do I need to change my Javascript code for the Flashphoner to work?

tbr666

Hello,

I have managed to add all needed apps and rest methods on ssh port 2001 like mentioned in flashphoner.properties file. If there are any Javascript API differences between WCS 5 and WCS 5.1 do let me know. I will try to test my old Javascript files with this server configuration now.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
All available documentation on WCS 5.1 is available here. WebSDK overview, build manual and examples description is here, and API reference is here.