MCU Support

Luca

Hi

In your documentation you describe the use of the Mixer with MCU support

We have changed the following parameters in the flashphoner.properties file

mixer_mcu_audio=true
mixer_mcu_video=true

However, when I add my stream to the mixer, I can still hear my voice coming through the mixer.

I am not sure if I am not understanding this functionality correctly, or I am doing something wrong, but this is the steps I am taking

In the same webpage I do the following:

1. Create and publish the stream from my webcam

2. Create and publish the mixer

3. Add the stream create in step1 to the mixer

Please could you help clarifying the above for me

Thank you in advance
Luca

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

With MCU, a new stream is published for each participant added to mixer, and that stream does not contain audio of the participant.
There is MCU client example which plays such stream mixed for the participant.

Luca

Thank you for the response

I have few more questions about it please.

The MCU client example shows that for each participant a new Mixer would be created, wouldn't that use loads of resources for a single room? in other guides you advised the below

Stream transcoding is applied while mixing streams. The recommended server configuration is 2 CPU cores per 1 mixer.

So, to enable more than one room at the same time, what would be the best scalable solution?

Please let me know
Thanks

Luca

Also another thing

When I use the MCU Client demo application in the WCS server I always get an error that says "This login is already in use, please change Login" even if I change login (and sure that no other in the same room have that name), I still get the error.

1667041401723.png

Max

Administrator
Staff member
The MCU client example shows that for each participant a new Mixer would be created,
No. One mixer is created per one room. And this room mixer has a number of output streams, per every participant, without the voice of the participant, to prevent its own echo.
So, to enable more than one room at the same time, what would be the best scalable solution?
Please read the article How many mixers can a server have?
When I use the MCU Client demo application in the WCS server I always get an error that says "This login is already in use, please change Login"
Please try to reproduce the issue on our demo server https://demo.flashphoner.com:8444/client2/examples/demo/streaming/mcu_client/mcu_client.html
If this is not reproducing, please reproduce it on your server, collect a report as described here using report.sh script, then send the report using this form