Mixer layout question

Evgenii

I'm creating a mixer via REST api call, then adding streams to that mixer. Is there a way to select specific layout for this mixer? I mean so that I can use, for example, grid layout for mixer 1, but desktop layout for mixer 2? I'm aware you can control layout by naming streams with a specific keyword, but it's not an option in my case, because streams already have specific names and I cannot just name some stream "desktop" (for example). What I would like is some way to control mixer layout via REST api calls themselves, or at least a way to choose "desktop" layout in a way not related to the name of stream I add to the mixer. After all, I explicitly state via api call that I want to add this stream to this mixer, maybe I can somehow also state that I want this stream to be a "desktop" one in the layout?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
You can choose between grid and desktop layouts using stream name specified by the following parameter in flashphoner.properties file
Code:
mixer_video_layout_desktop_key_word=specialStreamName
Then, you can add the stream to mixer using REST API query /mixer/add
Code:
/rest-api/mixer/add
{
  "uri": "mixer://mixer1",
 "remoteStreamName": "specialStreamName"
}
and mixer "mixer1" will switch to desktop layout.
About the ability to control the mixer layout while creating the mixer by REST API query we raised internal ticket WCS-2492 and let you know any results here.

Evgenii

Good day. I understand the usage of keyword, but it seems it has a very narrow usage. Say I have streams A,B,C,D and I want to mix A with B, and C with D, both in desktop layout. I cannot name both A and C "desktop" (or any other keyword). It seems this way I can ever create only one mixer with desktop layout (or rather only one stream can be desktop among all streams currently active), which looks strange to me.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It seems this way I can ever create only one mixer with desktop layout (or rather only one stream can be desktop among all streams currently active), which looks strange to me.
This is the current implementation limit. We'll investigate to change it (internal ticket WCS-2492).

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We just registered a feature request. It will be scheduled according internal priorities and load.
So all variants: weeks, months, year are valid.