MP4 (H.264) can not be played in Chrome nor Safari and pixelated mp4 video

Javier

Hello,

I am facing problems with video live recording in some Android devices. I implemented Android SDK to build an App that make live video streaming and record it using a WCS server, it works, but when I try to embed the video in the HTML 5 video player, videos not play, my solution for it was using SDK API method "streamOptions.setStripCodecs" to remove h.264 codecs passing as parameter: "{"H264","VP9","mpeg4-generic"}". It works because I receive the video in .webm format, but the new issue that I face after it, it's that now recorded videos have distortion (pixelated video).

IMPORTANT: during live video streaming video works excelent, without any distortion or pixelation. Problem it's only with recorded video.
Note 1: H.264 recorded videos won't allow take thumbnails with FFMPEG library on Unix systems nor windows.
Note 2: H.264 can't be reproduced in Chrome nor Safari using HTML5 native video player

Plus: see the attached video

Your help will be very appreciated. Thank you!

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Please confirm: the issue is that recorded video is distorted in this case
- Android application is used for streaming
- VP8 codec is used (as H264 is stripped in the application)
- streamed video is recorded on WCS as .webm

Tried this with Android 5 and 6 and WCS v. 2762 – the issue has not been reproduced: video is not distorted.

Please let know
- WCS version
- Android SDK version
- with which Android devices the issue occurs (model and Android version)
- can it be reproduced with Android SDK example applications (e.g., Stream Recording – for testing, h264 codec can be removed in server config flashphoner.properties)

Javier

Yes, live video streaming, using Android WSC SDK
Yes
Yes

Tried this with Android 5 and 6 and WCS v. 2762 – the issue has not been reproduced: video is not distorted.
No, in AWS market place WCS v. 2762 isn't available. Where I can download it?

Please let know

- WCS version
WCS v. 2106

- Android SDK version
wcs-android-sdk-1.0.1.28

Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, S8. I am not sure about Android versions but it's with Android 6+

- can it be reproduced with Android SDK example applications (e.g., Stream Recording – for testing, h264 codec can be removed in server config flashphoner.properties)

Javier

Hello,

I installed WCS V. 2762 but now recorded videos are not in client/record, how I can change recording video path for WCS ???

Thank you!

Javier

Hello,

Please let know
- WCS version
- Android SDK version
I installed WCS v. 2762, removed H264 from codecs in "flashphoner.properties" files, implemented the new WCS Android SDK "wcs-android-sdk-1.0.1.36" and it looks that works like a charm. Sometimes I got freeze video, but not distorted video now. Any stuff related with video freeze maybe fps, bitrate or something else.

Any help that you can send to me will be very appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited: