RtspAgent Shutdown error in H.264 rtsp stream

Sukwon Choi

I have sent the problematic RTSP URL via a private form a while ago.

This is a typical CCTV URL with an H.264 codec. While it plays smoothly in VLC, there are issues with Flashphoner - it either freezes or goes into an infinite loading state after about a second of slow playback. The specific error types are 'RTSP Agent Shutdown' or 'Stopped by Publisher stop'.

In the case of unsupported codecs, an error usually occurs immediately, but in this case, it's peculiar that the video freezes after the first 1-2 seconds of displaying.

The current version in use is v.2.0.233-5.2.1759-a4b12ec3ed8ac45f644eb602d63d963364c7fdb4.

By changing the 'channel num' in the provided rtsp://{ip_address}:554/{channel_num}/stream1 from 1 to 14, the issue persists across all video channels.

Thanks.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
Seems like VLC is not playing the stream: there is no any media traffic in 10 seconds
1698222665983.png

Please check the source or provide a correct URL using this form

Sukwon Choi

All fourteen RTSP URLs are working fine in my local VLC.

Have you tried using ID/password authentication?

You can also attempt connecting to a different channel(1-14), or you can use the substream as well (stream2 instead of stream1)

I also resent an RTSP URL with the format you provided to me.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We tested the stream with a different channels on build 5.2.1782. Stream plays successfully with the following parameter:
Code:
rtsp_interleaved_mode=false
1698224016762.png

Sukwon Choi

Thank you for your quick response!

I will try testing with the options you mentioned. However, I also stream a variety of other videos besides this one. Are there any other potential issues that could arise if I change this option to false?

I tried looking up exactly what this option does, but it was a bit difficult to understand, so I wanted to ask.

Thank you.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I will try testing with the options you mentioned. However, I also stream a variety of other videos besides this one. Are there any other potential issues that could arise if I change this option to false?
By default, WCS supposes all the RTSP streams are in interleaved mode (RTSP over TCP). The option
Code:
rtsp_interleaved_mode=false
makes WCS to capture only non-interleaved (RTSP over UDP) streams. So all your cameras should support non-interleaved mode in this case.