SpringApplication - main Application startup failed

Ali Moussawi

When i try to start the application on my ubuntu linux server 16.0.4 i got the following error.
Any idea how to fix it!!.
14:36:45,515 ERROR SpringApplication - main Application startup failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'embeddedServletContainerCustomizerBeanPostProcessor': BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.security.config.annotation.method.configuration.GlobalMethodSecurityConfiguration': BeanPostProcessor before instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.ProxyTransactionManagementConfiguration': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: error the @annotation pointcut expression is only supported at Java 5 compliance level or above
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:471)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:228)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:298)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:198)

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
You have to install latest JDK from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
Here you can find JDK installation instructions:
https://flashphoner.com/docs/wcs5/w...eparing_for_installation-jdk_installation.htm
Finally you have to check your Java version
Code:
# java -version
java version "1.8.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)
It should be latest 1.8.x