Stream Server stopped working correctly

Dear Support,
I've been using the flashphoner server for a while, and now for some reason i can't play the streams i'm playing.
I've moved my site's DNS's to Cloudflare, but made sure all records are the same.

I can establish a connection but a can't display the stream.
Attached is a print screen from DASHBOARD.

i've made sure stream.mysticams.co.il is not going thought CloudFlair (the cloud is off).

help anyone?

E.K.

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Hello.
Your second screenshot shows that stream is not published with message "Failed by ICE keep alive". Please check if media ports (media_port_from, media_port_to) is not blocked, so UDP ports blocking is the most reason for this failure.
If you make shure that no ports are blocked, collect the logs and traffic dump as described here, then send it to support@flashphoner.com

Ok i don't know what happened yesterday, but today it got back working again, and no problems.

I'll send you logs any how.... so you can tell me what could be wrong.

I also read that it could be a problem with AD BLOCKER, and I've turned the EXTENSION off, but still.... had the same error.

What if a user has AD BLOCKER, he can't see streams ?

E.K.

Dear Max,

It turns out that it works and doesn't work. In one computer, with different IP, everything works fine. In other computer, it doesn't work and shows the errors i've attaced in pevious thread. My logs are turned off so i can't send you logs, how do i turn them on ?

10x,
E.K.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.
In one computer, with different IP, everything works fine. In other computer, it doesn't work and shows the errors i've attaced in pevious thread
Please check if media ports is not blocked between second computer and server. Ports can be checked as described here for example.
What if a user has AD BLOCKER, he can't see streams ?
As for Ad Blocker tools, they usually disable JavaScript execution in clents' browser, and block scripts and other content downloading. So, in some circumstances, WebSDK functions may be blocked. We tested our web application samples available via WCS web interface with uBlock original Chrome extension, and all of them work, with default ad blocker settings. If some user have aggressive ad blocker, and it causes a problem, we recommend to disable it.

Last edited:
Dear Max,

If it works in one computer and doesn't work on the other (and i've disabled Ad Blocker in both computers), then the ports work (else it wouldn't work at all), it's a different issue i guess. I've checked in Firefox, Chrome, Opera and it can't publish the stream.

I've seen this problem also in other computers that try to broadcast them selfs via FlashPhoner server, and can't publish the stream.

I'm trying to think what can cause this block, so i can fix it for these computers.

10x,
E.K.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
If it works in one computer and doesn't work on the other (and i've disabled Ad Blocker in both computers), then the ports work
Check if media ports are not blocked on the problem computer, not on the server.
You should also collect traffic dump on this computer using Wireshark and collect the server logs as described here, then send it all to support@flashphoner.com, we will check.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed that i can't publish or see the stream if i have AdBlock turned on.
In this case, you and your clients must turn AdBlock off for your pages
I've turned it off now or
We still working on it, be patient, please.

Last edited:

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We reproduced the problem and collect traffic dump on your server side.
The problem is that your server cannot respond to STUN binding request from client because outgoing connections to UDP ports higher than 32000 are forbidden, for example:
Code:
# echo -n "hello" | nc -4u -w1 demo.flashphoner.com 32000  //This command is successful
# echo -n "hello" | nc -4u -w1 demo.flashphoner.com 32001  //And this is not
Ncat: Operation not permitted.
So you should open outgoing connections to UDP ports range 30000-60000, it should be enough to allow WebRTC publishing and playing.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please, ask your IT disable any firewall on your server, then test stream publishing. If it will work, ask your IT to set up firewall correctly.

Ok when i turn it off completely it works! so where are the missing configurations?
Please see attachment or enter my WHM I've send you with root credentials and just add the missing ports. OK ?

E.K.

Attachments

Max

Administrator
Staff member
You have not open any of necessary UDP ports for incoming traffic. Please add them to UDP_IN field:
Code:
UDP_IN: 20,21,53,30000:60000

OK, WORKS.

I didn't understand that you need to add them in IN, but in OUT.

P.S.
Do you have an update for the Flashphoner Server Application ?
Thank you.
E.K.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
You can track changes on this page, but we recommend update either if something is not work prperly or if you need new features added in newer versions.

Well i don't know if it's a MUST but i do see updates about transcode and Safari.
I'm using the WebRTC option as webcam chat, and so if there was an update that it will work better in Andorid and iOS then i'd like to update.

10x,
E.K.